PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in Disney

CaptSmee
01-31-2016, 02:13 PM
So as usual we were having a great time at the vacation kingdom of the world until last Wednesday we went to the Magic Kingdom on a rainy day, which to us wasn't a problem. It was a pm extra magic hours but we ended up not even staying until closing because of the low crowd levels. Now I am a retail manager so I understand controlling your payroll on an off day, but we've never experienced some of the things that we saw this slow day there. In every instance the cast members were younger, twenty or under I would guess but we saw them ridiculing guests, talking to one another loudly during pre-shows, telling guests they can't be in an area that they were in (rudely), & my favorite part was all the closed food vendors & restaurants that were in the times guide "until park closing".

Now I actually didn't think much of it other. Than a bad day at the Magic Kingdom until we went to Busch Gardens Tampa the next day where it POURED all day practically. We pretty much had the park to ourselves, but guess what? The employees working there were playing with children, greeting you on every corner, and seemed to be ENJOYING that you stuck it out despite the negative weather. I am now a BIG fan of Busch Gardens, they acted like it was a packed house still while Disney did not. I think Disney management needs to take a hard look in the mirror & re-focus on the guest experience because guess what? They have competition. I know this was only 2 days but I haven't seen the "wow" factor at Disney in quite awhile & this made notice it lacking a lot easier

faline
01-31-2016, 03:10 PM
Sorry to hear you experienced such poor service from cast members during your visit!! That's very disappointing to hear!!

1DisneyNut
02-01-2016, 09:01 AM
There has been a definite degradation of service at WDW that we have noticed as well. It all points back to focus on profit and the corporate machine.

As for Busch Gardens, we have had a couple of very good experiences with them lately. We have been to both the one in Tampa and the one in Williamsburg, VA in the past few years and both were very positive. I would recommend giving them a visit to anyone that hasn't been recently.

rulesofbio
04-13-2016, 06:11 PM
I'm agree with you! I think sometimes they feel like the privileged and favorite ones and reality is that there are much more attractions than disney parks.

Jeff
04-14-2016, 06:54 AM
Very sad that anyone should leave WDW feeling this way!