PDA

View Full Version : Questions about adding guests last minute

NY GOOFY
01-29-2016, 11:05 AM
We are a group of 8 visiting WDW in March. Just found out my sister-in-law and her family of 4 decided to join us for 4 of the days we will be there. However, me being a planner, I already made our FP+ and dinner reservations for our party of 8 for our entire stay. How do I go about changing dinner reservations without losing the one's I have? Since they are staying offsite, I can't add them until 30 days out? Is that correct? Can WDW add their fastpasses to sync with ours if I call them at the 30 day mark? Not sure how to proceed. Thanks

faline
01-29-2016, 11:12 AM
You may not find it possible to easily go from a party of 8 to a party of 12 without starting over. You could try adding a reservation for 4 for around the same time your original party is eating and hope they can seat you together or near to each other. For fast passes, Disney will not add new fastpasses to coincide with your fastpass times. Again, you could try to obtain fastpass times that will overlap your rides and times and try to go together during the shorter window. It may not always be possible to do this - depending on the ride, overcrowds etc. You could also try modifying your fastpass times to coincide with the fastpasses obtained by the additional party which may not always work but may work some of the time. You may just need to agree to go your separate ways for those times you can't get everything to come together - especially since you've already made all of your plans.

j2k
01-29-2016, 12:31 PM
We are a group of 8 visiting WDW in March. Just found out my sister-in-law and her family of 4 decided to join us for 4 of the days we will be there.... How do I go about changing dinner reservations without losing the one's I have? ..... Can WDW add their fastpasses to sync with ours if I call them at the 30 day mark?

My suggestion would be to call Disney. You may not be successful in accomplishing your goal of getting them added to your plans but it doesn't hurt to ask (as nicely as possible :D)

You may just need to agree to go your separate ways for those times you can't get everything to come together - especially since you've already made all of your plans.

And this is a true downside to the direction things are going at Disney -- driving visitors to not be spontaneous -- To eat, sleep, and breathe Disney as they plan months in advance in order to get their ADRs and FP+s scheduled.

Good Luck NY GOOFY! I'm sure the trip will be filled with magic and pixie dust whether you successfully add them to your plans or not. :mickey:

krysseijo
02-04-2016, 03:02 PM
We are a group of 8 visiting WDW in March. Just found out my sister-in-law and her family of 4 decided to join us for 4 of the days we will be there. However, me being a planner, I already made our FP+ and dinner reservations for our party of 8 for our entire stay. How do I go about changing dinner reservations without losing the one's I have? Since they are staying offsite, I can't add them until 30 days out? Is that correct? Can WDW add their fastpasses to sync with ours if I call them at the 30 day mark? Not sure how to proceed. Thanks

Exciting! I've never been with such a large group. Let me know how that goes. I would try doing things on your own as suggested in first post and then calling Disney for things you weren't able to accomplish. Def don't cancel what you already have because you might not be able to get it back.

Hope that helps!