PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day 2016 at Disney - Any ideas what to do?

nutsnbolts
01-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Any ideas for something to do with the wife? Perhaps drop the kids off at some daycare on site for a couple hours and a nice place to grab drinks and dinner?

Not sure what is going on at that time but wondering what my options are...

faline
01-26-2016, 07:22 AM
If you haven't already made dining plans for that evening, I'd suggest you do it right away. The last time we were in Disney over Valentine's day, we dined at Citrico's. While waiting for our table, we saw many hopeful diners redirected to quick service dining establishments with the explanation that all table service restaurants were full to capacity.

nutsnbolts
01-27-2016, 09:41 AM
I'm trying to find good places to reserve. I'm looking for recommendations that is not too expensive. Somewhere I can put the kids into for a couple hours that they would have fun and something simple to do on valentines day.

Any other suggestions?

faline
01-28-2016, 09:48 AM
Most table service restaurants are going to be what I would consider expensive. If you don't make a reservation, you could try heading to one of the lounges for some appetizers and drinks - though I suspect that the lounges will also be extremely busy that evening and you might have difficulty finding seating.

You might try having the kids go to Simba's Clubhouse at Animal Kingdom Lodge. You and your spouse could spend some time exploring the grounds (or do it a bit later after you retrieve the kids). Maybe visit the Cape Town Lounge and Wine Bar located just outside Jiko restaurant. You can order off the Jiko menu at this location. While Jiko can be pricey, perhaps you could share an appetizer and an entree??