PDA

View Full Version : Pop Room Question

snowflakegirl
01-22-2016, 08:55 PM
On somewhat of an impulse, we just booked a trip for my April vacation from work (I work at an elementary school)...I don't think I've ever booked (or started planning) quite so close to a trip. Anyways, we're staying in a Standard room at Pop Century. I know the standard rooms tend to be further away from the main hall, but does anyone know if there is somewhere we could request that is on the closer side of those? Does that make sense? TIA.

BrerGnat
01-22-2016, 09:18 PM
Request the 80s or 90s section. We stayed in the 80s and it was a quick walk because we could cut through the parking lot. As a bonus, the buildings have a Pac Man theme!

Itchy
01-23-2016, 12:47 PM
Request the 80s or 90s section. We stayed in the 80s and it was a quick walk because we could cut through the parking lot. As a bonus, the buildings have a Pac Man theme!

We have stayed in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's rooms. Of the best that were closer were the 50's to 80's. When we were in the 90's we were at the furthest most part of that section and it was quite a walk. When we stayed at the 80's or 90's room we did cut across the parking lot but, on our last trip last Sept I noticed that cast members had signs up and barrier tape telling folks not to walk across the parking lot.

I am not sure if they had problems with kids walking in front of vehicles or not.

Hope this helps good luck with your room.:mickey:

brownie
01-23-2016, 09:45 PM
80's is a good section to request.

mechanic
01-23-2016, 09:45 PM
The 70 building close to parking lot is good too.

BrerGnat
01-23-2016, 10:43 PM
The 70 building close to parking lot is good too.

That is now a preferred building, though.

mandaep
01-23-2016, 11:31 PM
Have stayed in 50's before, and I felt like it was not a bad walk at all. We made no requests to stay in any particular section and we just ended up there. Stayed in 90's this time around closer to the parking lot because we drove, and I hated the walk! Maybe you can ask to stay in the 1100 building of 50's, that seems to be a closer building.

mechanic
01-24-2016, 03:37 PM
Didn't know that. We always just book the cheapest rate and then ask for a ground floor room. Always got our request and none of the walking has been too bad. Except animal kingdom lodge, all of those seem like a long walk.

mainemajor
01-31-2016, 11:16 AM
What I liked about the 80's was use of the computer pool. It is by far the quietest of the pools.

LandFan
02-07-2016, 09:41 PM
That is now a preferred building, though.

It's only half preferred - the half of each building closest to Classic hall. We always request that building (the 70s big wheel building) as standard and they give it to us no problem.

momof3+twins
02-12-2016, 03:40 PM
I would put in a request for a room close to the food court. You don't always get your request but I have learned that it's best to request the type of room you want. If they know they don't know why you want to stay in a specific building, they can't give you a room that fits your needs if they don't know why you want that room. I hope that makes sense.

AndrewJackson
02-14-2016, 11:58 AM
80's is a good section to request.

Ditto. Stayed in the Rubric's Cube building. It was a quick walk to the pool and main hall, and we could cut through the parking lot to get to the bus.