PDA

View Full Version : Dining reservation recommendation for Boys

nutsnbolts
01-22-2016, 09:56 AM
So I have been reserving all "princessy" stuff for my twin girls. I have a 9 year old boy as well.

Any suggestions for a place that he would enjoy? He is too old for dinosaur stuff but still doable but anything else cooler or a must do for his age?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

SurferStitch
01-22-2016, 12:00 PM
Does he like Lilo and Stitch? DH and I always have breakfast at 'Ohana with Lilo,, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto. It's one of our favorites.

Donald's Safari Breakfast is also wonderful. Excellent food, and you have Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy.

CleveSJM
01-22-2016, 01:04 PM
Does he like crab legs? My son loved hitting Cape May dinner buffet. He and I were the big seafood eaters (they have other stuff for everyone as well) so he knew this was a special meal just for him.

Lego store is traditionally more boy although they have introduced more girl items.

Golf? Putt putt?

nutsnbolts
01-22-2016, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I just feel bad he is sitting through all these princesses. Hehehe

mechanic
01-22-2016, 03:11 PM
Pecos bills. Western theme
Boathouse nautical
Trex pretty cool even for a 9 year old
Sci fi
Coral reef

BrerGnat
01-22-2016, 04:43 PM
My kids loved T Rex. It's a fun place to eat and it doesn't really require being "into" Dinosaurs.

Kairi_7378
01-22-2016, 08:37 PM
My 7 year old son loves Sanaa. He requested it for his birthday dinner.
If your son isn't into characters or is feeling princess-ed out, you might want to consider picking an Epcot restaurant that serves his favorite kind of food.

natstroop
01-22-2016, 11:55 PM
My boys loved the Sci-fi restaurant...getting to sit in a car and watch "movies" while eating. They also really enjoyed the making of the onion volcano at Teppan Edo in Epcot, although not sure if this is still done.
The aquarium in Coral Reef was another favorite.

Arielfan98
01-23-2016, 04:16 PM
So a little on the pricey side, but you could do the "Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage" which departs from the Contemporary for $41 a child and $69 for adult....or do "Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party for $39 a child and $69 for adults. If you're looking outside of food, I'd recommend taking them to the Pirates League for $39-$99.95. Or as a cheap non-food alternative, you could buy Star Wars cloaks ahead of time and just get their faces painted for $25 or less. If you save the receipt, you can get their faces touched up at any face painting station for free throughout the day.

deedee73
01-23-2016, 09:22 PM
I would definitely suggest the Pirate & Pals Cruise - it was awesome. Also second the idea of Sci-fi for his age. If he likes animals then Rainforest Cafe would be high on my list. Does he have a favorite character? If so I would see if they are available for a meet n greet or a character meal.

CynBeth
01-24-2016, 11:28 AM
He might like Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh and friends for a breakfast. Do you think he would enjoy the antics at WCC or 50's PTC? Boma at AKL has regular stuff plus the African dishes and you can go out to the savannah either before or after the meal. Both breakfast and dinner are great.

#1donaldfan
01-26-2016, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I just feel bad he is sitting through all these princesses. Hehehe

You can check out 1900 Park Fare. The Ugly Stepsisters are so funny and will treat him great !! He will certainly get a kick out of it. They actually acted as though they were fighting over my son one year. He was probably 12/13 ..... plus your twins should love it !!!!

nutsnbolts
01-26-2016, 01:09 PM
So a little on the pricey side, but you could do the "Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage" which departs from the Contemporary for $41 a child and $69 for adult....or do "Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party for $39 a child and $69 for adults. If you're looking outside of food, I'd recommend taking them to the Pirates League for $39-$99.95. Or as a cheap non-food alternative, you could buy Star Wars cloaks ahead of time and just get their faces painted for $25 or less. If you save the receipt, you can get their faces touched up at any face painting station for free throughout the day.

I actually booked the Pirates and Pals Voyage. So far I have seen wonderful reviews for this and excited to have something for my son to enjoy as well as the girls. Not like they are not going to enjoy but yeah a little variety helps. :)

deedee73
01-26-2016, 01:41 PM
Honestly everyone in your party will likely love love the Pirates & Pals cruise. Remember to bring a bag to carry their snacks/drinks on board (totally allowed & encouraged) & make sure you hit the bathrooms prior to them calling for boarding bc it is a very quick walk/boarding. If you have any questions regarding our experience just ask.

nutsnbolts
01-26-2016, 01:58 PM
Stupid Question but I'm assuming if a dinner reservation is within a park, you need to have a valid ticket (hopper or whatever) to even get in first.

BrerGnat
01-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Stupid Question but I'm assuming if a dinner reservation is within a park, you need to have a valid ticket (hopper or whatever) to even get in first.

That is correct.

Arielfan98
01-28-2016, 04:41 PM
I actually booked the Pirates and Pals Voyage. So far I have seen wonderful reviews for this and excited to have something for my son to enjoy as well as the girls. Not like they are not going to enjoy but yeah a little variety helps. :)

Glad to hear it! Enjoy :)

minnie-mouse
01-30-2016, 09:00 AM
Sci-FI restaurant or TRex are great options for that age.