PDA

View Full Version : fast pass question

jpmsrivers
01-21-2016, 02:11 PM
I am so excited to be planning a family vacation. It will be our first time to visit since the FP+. Part of my family will be arriving one day and the others will be arriving a few days later. We are all linked in MDE. Will we have to wait to book the FP+ for the second arrival at the 60 day mark or will we be able to book those when we book ours since we are linked?

EX: 9 family members arriving on Saturday
3 family members arriving on Wednesday
Can I book all fastpasses 60 days out from that Saturday or will I need to book them at the 60 day mark for the Wednesday arrival?

I hope my question makes sense! Thanks for all of your help!:mickey:

faline
01-21-2016, 02:54 PM
I believe you will need to book 60 days out from the arrival of the second party for their fastpass reservations.

Hog
01-21-2016, 06:01 PM
Yes you have to wait for the other party to arrive. But you can book yours at the 60 day mark and then just add your additional family members to your reservation when you link them on MDE. We did this when we went last October.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Goofy4TheWorld
01-22-2016, 12:04 AM
It depends on the facts of your reservations, but based on your signature it appears you probably have several rooms booked at All Star Sports.

If that is true, then I assume the first 9 people are on one or more reservations (with 2 or 3 rooms reserved) and then the 3 other people are on an entirely separate reservation.

If that is true, then the 3 people will probably not get 60-day access to FP+ until 60 days from their arrival date.

My experience has been that the 50-60 day range is not difficult to get FP+ to work out. But what I would do is book the 9 people all the FP+ you want, then when the 60-day window opens for the other 3 utilize the "copy FP+" feature that is somewhere on the MDE website.

It will probably be able to add the 3 new people to your FP+ with very little fuss. I can't figure out where the "Copy" feature is on the site, but I know it's there somewhere.

CleveSJM
01-22-2016, 07:38 AM
... It will probably be able to add the 3 new people to your FP+ with very little fuss. I can't figure out where the "Copy" feature is on the site, but I know it's there somewhere.

I agree. Worst-case, if the copy doesn't work at their 60 day, cancel the 9 and do the 12. Shouldn't have any trouble that far out.

jpmsrivers
01-22-2016, 08:51 AM
Thank you all so much for your help! This being the first time we have traveled with the new FP+ system has got me all confused! It is great having somewhere to go and get answers. :thanks: