PDA

View Full Version : POR - Riverside Transportation Tips

nutsnbolts
01-21-2016, 10:06 AM
Simply put. I know that this could be a large or larger resort to its counterpart POR.

Anyone have any tips with transportation. I'm looking for what are the best non busy spots or taking the water route or? Etc. Etc.

Mendelson
01-21-2016, 11:15 AM
Do you know where you are staying? Are you in the Bayour or the Manors? Do you know your building/room location?

My tip would be pack your patience and get to the bus stops well before you think you need to in order to be at your destination by X time. Fantastic info here http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php

By non-busy spot do you mean in relation to transportation? Like, transportation that is non-busy? If so, I don't think there is any. These days, there are few times you can put "non busy" in any sentence having to do with WDW.

nutsnbolts
01-21-2016, 02:50 PM
Do you know where you are staying? Are you in the Bayour or the Manors? Do you know your building/room location?

My tip would be pack your patience and get to the bus stops well before you think you need to in order to be at your destination by X time. Fantastic info here http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php

By non-busy spot do you mean in relation to transportation? Like, transportation that is non-busy? If so, I don't think there is any. These days, there are few times you can put "non busy" in any sentence having to do with WDW.
All I know right now is we are garden view. Sorry we won't be there not until Feb so I don't have exact room information.

I guess I was looking to see of there were some hidden bus locations that were better than others even if it's an extra 5 min walk.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

PopPhan
01-21-2016, 03:54 PM
My sister and I were in Magnolia Bend (Bldg. 85) in the Mansions area and it was as easy for us to catch the bus at the South Depot (main reception) as it was to go to the East or North Depots. Of course, part of that was because we would have breakfast in the food court before we left for the park and would stop in the lounge on the way back to the room in the evening.

You would have to pick up the boat to Disney Springs in this general area anyway.

#1donaldfan
01-22-2016, 12:59 PM
If you are going to DtD take the boat. The construction ongoing is a nightmare on a bus, otherwise it's not much different than any other resort ....

nutsnbolts
01-22-2016, 01:46 PM
How long does it take for the bus and boat? To get to Magic Kingdom, Epcot etc. Door to door.

brownie
01-22-2016, 07:53 PM
How long does it take for the bus and boat? To get to Magic Kingdom, Epcot etc. Door to door.

The boat only goes to Disney Springs. It's about a 20 minute ride. You need to take a bus to get to the parks. I can't tell you how long that typically takes; we use a rental car.

natstroop
01-22-2016, 11:35 PM

We haven't been there in three years so I don't know exactly how long it takes to each park. But I will say that every wait every day is different. One day we waited for less than 3 mins for one of the park buses. Another day, we saw three MK buses before we finally got a AK bus. Sometimes you have to wait longer at a stop because more people are boarding, or an EVC(?) is boarding, etc. So a good tip would be to always give yourself more time that you think...especially if you are trying to make it to your reservations.

nutsnbolts
01-23-2016, 08:03 AM
The boat only goes to Disney Springs. It's about a 20 minute ride. You need to take a bus to get to the parks. I can't tell you how long that typically takes; we use a rental car.
Oh you can't take the boat to the parks? I thought it was another option to the buses.

PopPhan
01-23-2016, 11:32 AM
Oh you can't take the boat to the parks? I thought it was another option to the buses.

Boats are only available to MK from the monorail resorts -- Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Campgrounds, Polynesian & Grand Floridian -- and to DHS & EPCOT from the EPCOT resorts -- Boardwalk Inn, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan & Dolphin.

Patricia
01-23-2016, 12:10 PM
The times below are approx. times once you are on the transportation. Wait times at bus depots depends on crowds at the time of day. The South Depot is the first stop at POR Riverside.

We always use the boats to Disney Springs (15-20 min) weather permitting, because the bus will often stop at Typhoon Lagoon before Disney Springs making the trip feel longer and the boats are just more pleasant. The bus also takes 15 - 20 minutes unless it's a very busy time, then it's direct (10 - 15 min).

The Bus to Animal Kingdom often stops at Blizzard Beach. Again, this does not happen during peak times but happens more often than not. The trip to Animal Kingdom is approx. 25 minutes with this stop.

The bus to Magic Kingdom is (15-20 min)

The bus to Epcot (25 min)

The bus to Hollywood Studios (15 min)

What can add to your time, is if the bus fills or is full when it gets to you, but they will call another one for you... but more waiting. Personally, I don't mind waiting but I've been enough times I don't feel I'm missing anything. :)

Hope this helps. :mickey:

mandaep
01-23-2016, 11:34 PM
I am not surprised at all by the 25 minute time frame listed for Epcot. When we stayed at POFQ we went all over POR to pick everyone up then to epcot.... I knew it was a long drive but I did't keep track :/