PDA

View Full Version : room requests

biggins
01-20-2016, 05:37 PM
Hello, I notcied when I booked my trip online that there was no place to make a room request anymore, only if you needed a crib or something else, i forgot, so is there an appropriate place, time or way to try to get in a room request before you arrive? Thanks!

BrerGnat
01-20-2016, 06:01 PM
You can call the reservation line and add the request to your reservation.

KiNg4aDaY
01-20-2016, 09:28 PM
when you do the online check in, you can also make requests there.

BrerGnat
01-20-2016, 09:48 PM
when you do the online check in, you can also make requests there.

Not really. There are some very generic things you can request like "near transportation" or "near elevator" but you can't request anything specific on there.

Fangorn
01-21-2016, 09:33 AM
Not really. There are some very generic things you can request like "near transportation" or "near elevator" but you can't request anything specific on there.

Exactly. And even those things are not consistent from resort to resort. On-line Check-in at one resort may give you the option for "ground floor", while another resort may not give you that option. If you have specific requests, they really need to be added to you reservation.

Steve

#1donaldfan
01-22-2016, 01:03 PM
You can call the resort directly 7 days prior to your arrival and make the request, however keep in mind that it's a request only and not a given.....

Polynesian Dweller
01-22-2016, 03:24 PM
You can call the resort directly 7 days prior to your arrival and make the request, however keep in mind that it's a request only and not a given.....

No you can't. Whenever, you call you get Disney's call center. Regardless of how they answer you are talking to a CM in a call center somewhere but never directly to the resort. There are no publicly available direct numbers.

However, the advice is good in that the central reservations CM can add the request.

#1donaldfan
01-26-2016, 07:49 AM
No you can't. Whenever, you call you get Disney's call center. Regardless of how they answer you are talking to a CM in a call center somewhere but never directly to the resort. There are no publicly available direct numbers.

However, the advice is good in that the central reservations CM can add the request.

I never knew that. Every time I've called they act as though they're at the resort. Thanks for sharing.

j2k
01-26-2016, 12:38 PM
Is it still possible to check-in in person at the desk? or is check-in only online through MDE now?
We haven't visited since 2012. At that time we stayed at CSR and we checked in at the desk and I requested a 1st floor room near a bus stop and the CM was able to assign it to us. If that's still an option you can check-in in person and make your requests then. Of course, with all the changes that may no longer be an option.

BrerGnat
01-26-2016, 12:51 PM
Is it still possible to check-in in person at the desk? or is check-in only online through MDE now?
We haven't visited since 2012. At that time we stayed at CSR and we checked in at the desk and I requested a 1st floor room near a bus stop and the CM was able to assign it to us. If that's still an option you can check-in in person and make your requests then. Of course, with all the changes that may no longer be an option.

Yes, you can absolutely check in in person. You don't have to do online check in.

minnie-mouse
01-30-2016, 08:53 AM
I always fax my room request directly to the hotel a few days before we arrive and I check-in at the lobby of the resort. They usually give me what I requested.

akaDisneyDreamer
03-06-2016, 01:07 PM
I just asked my agent about it and she put the request in for me.

AndrewJackson
03-06-2016, 01:54 PM
I always fax my room request directly to the hotel a few days before we arrive and I check-in at the lobby of the resort. They usually give me what I requested.

Same here. I fax a letter to my resort about 7 days prior to arrival. My requests have almost always been honored.