PDA

View Full Version : Best book to explain Magic Bands and Fast Pass

Genie1953
01-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Can anyone tell me the name of a good book to help me understand everything about the Magic Bands and Fast Pass+ system? Both are new since our last trip to WDW so we want to get a better understanding of it.
Any help will be much appreciated. :mickey:

VWL Mom
01-20-2016, 07:30 AM
I don't know of a book about MB and FP+ but I'm sure we can help you out. Is there anything specific you're looking for?

In general, if you're staying on-site the magic band is your new KTTW, this will have your room key, tickets, charging privileges, and photopass (if purchased). First thing to do if your haven't already would be to setup an MDE (My Disney Experience) account online. This will be your dashboard for your trip. When you make hotel or dining reservations you add them here, same with tickets. You can customize the color of your band and the name until 30 days out, that's when they will ship to you.

At 60 days out from your trip if tickets have been added you can begin your FP+ selections. For each ticket day you have you can pick three rides at one park, DHS and EP have tiers so you select 1 from group A and 2 from group B. Once you have used those 3 FP you can go to a kiosk in that park (or a different park) and select your next FP.

If you are staying offsite the procedure is the same except the selections can be done at 30 days out.

You may want to check out this post from Faline (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?210772-Thoughts-on-Fastpass&p=2471510#post2471510) which covers FP+.
Hope this is a start. Let us know what other questions you have.

Genie1953
01-20-2016, 09:19 PM
Thanks so much! I think this will really help!

LVT
01-24-2016, 12:28 AM
Hello, try to have fun after all the planning.
I used a table to map my plans. 1st I decided park, waterpark, other, for each day. Then I put in the dining reservations. Now for the hard part. FP park for each day and when.
We had all adults so we slept in. Our FP were for late PM or evenings. We did get a few extras while in MK. I had an IPAD mini with the MDE on it. At the hotel I tweaked some FP as our daily plans changed. I was able to do more moving of FP than I had expected. I even snared a FP for the Dwarf's Mine tray for the next day.