PDA

View Full Version : Summer Meal Deal @ Value Resorts

Tink1
01-19-2016, 07:25 AM
Well folks, this is a new one!

VALUE RESORTS ONLY

enjoy a FREE Meal per person, per night at quick-service locations when you buy a non-discounted 4-night/5-day Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package at a Disney Value Resort hotel for arrivals most nights May 29-Jun. 30, 2016 and Jul. 5-Aug. 13, 2016 when they book Jan. 19-Feb. 29, 2016.

Booking Window:
Jan. 19-Feb. 29, 2016

Travel Window:
May 29-Jun. 30, 2016 and Jul. 5-Aug. 13, 2016
Minimum Length of Stay: 3 nights (and minimum 2-day Magic Your Way® Base Ticket)

This is NOT free quick-service dining plan. This is ONE free quick-serve meal per night per person

Used to its full potential, that one meal can save you a decent amount of money. (Wolfgang Puck Express and Lobster Roll at Boardwalk Bakery come to mind)

Nothing yet for the summer for our Moderate and Deluxe friends.

The flier for the Summer Meal Deal is here
http://magicaljourneystravel.com/summermealdeal.pdf

Contact us today to book (https://www.magicaljourneystravel.com/quote_request)! Your support helps us support Intercot and keep the lights on.

Nanc

Goofy4TheWorld
01-19-2016, 09:06 AM
Well that is a new one!

So is this limited to room-only reservations, or at least only for reservations which do NOT have a dining plan included (other than the free CS)?

BrerGnat
01-19-2016, 09:53 AM
What a strange promo. Something tells me this will eventually replace "free dining." Probably testing it out...

PopPhan
01-19-2016, 10:07 AM
Well that is a new one!

So is this limited to room-only reservations, or at least only for reservations which do NOT have a dining plan included (other than the free CS)?

Actually, it says ROOM AND TICKET package, not room only.

magicofdisney
01-19-2016, 10:32 AM
What a strange promo. Something tells me this will eventually replace "free dining." Probably testing it out...
My thoughts exactly.

Fangorn
01-19-2016, 11:09 AM
It probably is a test. Now that they've gotten the masses used to "free dining", it's time to start taking stuff away. Next up? "Free dining" at the mods becomes CS only?

Steve

j2k
01-19-2016, 04:11 PM
Do you think this is a way to attract people to the parks during a time when some people would hold off on visiting because of all the construction and unavailable attractions this spring/summer?

I am planning our trip for next year but I must admit, I am heavily considering an early summer visit this year because there are deals to be made. :mickey:

Tink1
01-19-2016, 06:40 PM
You can upgrade to the QS dining plan OR the plus dining plan and they credit you the amount of the one free QS meal. I think the math we did worked out to value it at ~$17.50 per adult per night savings on the dining plans.

Nanc

mamacon67
01-20-2016, 08:57 PM
Does this dining offer combine with the percent off promo that is being offered?

BrerGnat
01-20-2016, 09:49 PM
Does this dining offer combine with the percent off promo that is being offered?

No, you can never combine offers.

stormyangel
01-21-2016, 03:52 PM
What I found odd about this is that it's not being offered during the time frame that free dining usually is. Free dining usually encompasses all of the month of September and this deal is only good through June. That makes me hopeful that free dining will still be offered this year.

BrerGnat
01-21-2016, 04:32 PM
What I found odd about this is that it's not being offered during the time frame that free dining usually is. Free dining usually encompasses all of the month of September and this deal is only good through June. That makes me hopeful that free dining will still be offered this year.

That's why I think it's a test. They would have to have enough time to gauge it's popularity.

stormyangel
01-21-2016, 08:33 PM
That's why I think it's a test. They would have to have enough time to gauge it's popularity.

True. I hope that this doesn't become the new normal. It probably will though which bites because we usually only go when the free dining is offered. It's like we have to make a choice.... a vacation or eating because we can't afford both. lol

Kplaster
01-26-2016, 01:57 PM
No, you can never combine offers.

AAA let us combine offers...Is this no longer allowed?

BrerGnat
01-26-2016, 02:23 PM
AAA let us combine offers...Is this no longer allowed?

How? Maybe it was a special package offered through them? Disney has never allowed discounts to be stacked.

Kplaster
01-26-2016, 03:22 PM
How? Maybe it was a special package offered through them? Disney has never allowed discounts to be stacked.

Anytime Disney offered a deal that applied to our stay it would get added on. Normally the room discount would be applied and then later when the Free Dining came out it would be applied as well. We have never had to choose one or the other.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-26-2016, 03:47 PM
Anytime Disney offered a deal that applied to our stay it would get added on. Normally the room discount would be applied and then later when the Free Dining came out it would be applied as well. We have never had to choose one or the other.

That doesn't seem quite right. My understanding is that any time Free Dining has been offered its part of a package deal. So if you have a room only reservation, with whatever discount, you have to cancel that reservation and then rebook the package that offers the free dining. Maybe they did that for you, but seems highly unlikely that even if thru AAA that they gave you a room discount and free dining. My guess is they canceled the room only discount and upgraded you to a free dining package.

BrerGnat
01-26-2016, 06:54 PM
That doesn't seem quite right. My understanding is that any time Free Dining has been offered its part of a package deal. So if you have a room only reservation, with whatever discount, you have to cancel that reservation and then rebook the package that offers the free dining. Maybe they did that for you, but seems highly unlikely that even if thru AAA that they gave you a room discount and free dining. My guess is they canceled the room only discount and upgraded you to a free dining package.

Exactly. They just rebooked you and you probably saved money so never questioned it.

Hammer
01-27-2016, 10:01 AM
Also, I believe that AAA discounts are no longer offered.

BrerGnat
01-27-2016, 10:08 AM
Also, I believe that AAA discounts are no longer offered.

Yes, that partnership ended.