PDA

View Full Version : Travel from Magic Kingdom to Ohana

thads
01-18-2016, 02:29 PM
We have a down day on our coming February trip where the only thing we have scheduled is dinner at O'hana. We have done this before with Whispering Canyon where we catch the bus from our resort to MK and then catch the boat over to dinner. It is a super nice treat. The kids love the boat ride. This year we are changing the plan to hit O'hana instead. Any reccomendations on transportation? Is the monorail better than boat? How is the fireworks view?

faline
01-18-2016, 03:22 PM
We prefer taking the boat, whenever possible.

cer
01-18-2016, 03:34 PM
I'm a fan of the boat, too! It's a nice ride to Grand Floridian and then on to the Polynesian. My favorite form of transportation.

If for some reason they are not operating or it's too cool, you can also monorail to the Poly.

baldburke
01-18-2016, 08:18 PM
It's best by boat for sure! It's always relaxing and there's usually a nice breeze. Although the monorail isn't too shabby either. Enjoy!

BrerGnat
01-18-2016, 10:34 PM
Another vote for the boat, as long as the weather is nice.

Polynesian Dweller
01-18-2016, 11:22 PM
We stay at the Poly and rarely take the monorail. It's about 10 minute to the Poly from MK (stops at GF) and about 5 minutes back. Nice ride and more efficient.

deedee73
01-20-2016, 10:31 AM
While the boat is generally faster it will leave you off at the beach & you will have to navigate your way to the Great Ceremonial House (GCH). The monorail will take a little longer but it will leave you off just steps from the venue. When we are going to our rooms we generally chose the boat however when going to the GCH we would take the monorail..lines also play a factor. Sometimes we just went with whichever had a shorter wait time.

deedee73
01-20-2016, 10:35 AM
Just noticed no one answered your question regarding the fireworks. I find the view very good. We usually request a window view & will wait for it to ensure the view. You can also walk out onto the terrace or down to the beach if you want a better view. Keep in mind that the Electrical Water Pageant also can be seen from these places but the music is only piped in for Wishes (unless it has since changed) so if you want the accompanying music for the EWP you need to be at the beach for it.

thads
01-23-2016, 12:12 AM
Man I love this site. Thanks everyone for all of the great input. Boat it is.