PDA

View Full Version : Taxi to the parks

ck32250
01-17-2016, 10:56 PM
I'm looking for tips and advice on taking taxis to the parks from area hotels. We have been doing a lot of short last minute trips lately and there have been limited options at Disney hotels. Seems disney is discouraging 1 night stays and shows availability only if staying 3 or more days- especially at ft wilderness. I really like the convenience of staying on property and getting to and from the park via boat/bus- not having to drive.
When leaving the park- can you simply jump in a cab or do you have to walk or tram to a pickup area? Are you forced to go to TTC to cab it from Magic Kingdom?

VWL Mom
01-18-2016, 07:09 AM
The taxis are right near the buses at Epcot and HS. For MK you can either go to the TTC or walk to BLT and get a cab there. If you're a party of 1 -3 Uber is now allowed on property and saves money over the cabs but picks up in the same areas.

JanetMegan
01-18-2016, 09:53 AM
Oooo thanks so much for the head's up about Uber, didn't even think about that on my last trip!!

VWL Mom
01-18-2016, 10:16 AM
Oooo thanks so much for the head's up about Uber, didn't even think about that on my last trip!!

DS24 uses Uber around home when he goes out. Last week it was just the boys and I so he wanted to use it rather than taxi, I'm now a believer! R/T to Universal $30 as opposed to $100 last time, R/T BLT to the Dolphin $20 as opposed to $40 in the past, BLT to Poly $5 Uber return by cab with tip $10. Amazing.