PDA

View Full Version : TradNation Debuts at Canada

Strmchsr
01-16-2016, 07:58 PM
The new act at the Canada Epcot pavilion, TradNation, debuted yesterday. A friend sent me a video today and I think they're much closer to the vision of Epcot. Not quite Off-Kilter but a massive improvement over the lumberjacks. TradNation is a 5 piece band from Quebec playing tradition Canadian (especially French-Canadian) music and dances. They're on a short term contract like the other acts at Epcot right now so I expect they'll be around for 2016 and something new will come along next year.

AndrewJackson
01-17-2016, 08:02 AM
Anything is better than a bunch of folks from Florida dressed up like lumberjacks.

Looking forward to seeing this group perform in March.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-17-2016, 03:45 PM
I really, really hope they are good. There is so much good Canadian music ... our music and entertainment industry is really quite deep, Disney doesn't seem to picking the nest lately.

Strmchsr
01-17-2016, 04:33 PM
I like what I heard and saw in the video. It definitely doesn't represent all of Canada as it focuses mostly on the French Canadian folk music and dancing, but since Canada is so diverse I don't know that an act exists that would capture all of it. Maybe it's good that they change acts every year to get a different flavor.

Tekneek
01-17-2016, 05:27 PM
I must have missed the update about the lumberjacks being axed (yes, yes, tip your server). Who didn't see that being a disaster right from the start?

KODABEAR
01-20-2016, 04:18 PM
We really enjoyed the new musical show!!

Speedy1998
01-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Who didn't see that being a disaster right from the start?

Unfortunately, WDW management.