PDA

View Full Version : Tickets

NY GOOFY
01-13-2016, 10:11 AM
I recently purchased my park tickets for our upcoming March trip. I was surprised when a pack of tickets (cards) showed up in the mail. I thought everything (including park tickets) was on the magic bands? What do I do with these tickets?

Fangorn
01-13-2016, 10:35 AM
Hang on to them. They are your actual tickets. If you purchased the tickets while you were logged into your MDE account, then those tickets should already be connected to your MDE account, show up on your MDE app and can be accessed via your Magic Bands. NOTHING is actually ON your bands. The bands are merely an access device to your MDE account. Everything is stored on Disney's servers. The cards are a secondary access to your tickets. In those instances where someone does not have a Magic Band, or chooses not to use it, they can use the ticket card for entry into the parks.

Magic Bands have a (very) limited range transmitter in them and Disney can track the bands. The cards do not have a transmitter in them, and can only be used for admission.

Whichever one you use, you're actually accessing Disney's systems to verify your admission privileges.

Look on you MDE account in your profile and look at Magic Bands and Cards. Both should show up. Note that for the cards on MDE, there will be a serial number listed. That number will correspond to the number on the back of one of the cards.

Steve

PopPhan
01-13-2016, 01:20 PM
Your tickets would only be on the Magic Bands if purchased as part of your package - room and tickets. You do not automatically get issued Magic Bands for ticket only purchases.

You can "attach" these tickets to your Magic Bands through the MDE (My Disney Experience) app online or on your smartphone, using the serial number on the ticket.

LVT
01-15-2016, 08:19 PM
I bring the tickets with me until we have the magic bands in use and "I" trust them.

Goofy4TheWorld
01-16-2016, 06:50 AM
I bring the tickets with me until we have the magic bands in use and "I" trust them.

Absolutely! I'm at WDW now and I have received SEVERAL reminders why I should not trust their computers!

Having hard tickets is always a good backup.