PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass + Newbie

EJS-Houston
01-12-2016, 05:09 PM
O experienced Intercot-ers...lend me your wisdom.

It's been 3 1/2 years since I've been to DisneyWorld, so I'm overdue, and I'm going in mid-March. So I'll be using the magic bands and Fast Pass + for the first time, and my window of opportunity to schedule my Fast Passes is coming up soon. My question is: when I schedule them, do I have to schedule them for a specific time frame, or do I simply schedule up to three in a particular park on a particular day? I don't know what to expect, and I want to use the system to its best advantage, while avoiding as much as possible boxing myself into a rigid schedule. Any advice is most welcome.

faline
01-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Perhaps this will help.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?210772-Thoughts-on-Fastpass

Park Hopper
01-13-2016, 10:08 AM
... while avoiding as much as possible boxing myself into a rigid schedule.

Good Luck!

I am probably being overly cynical, but if you want to be assured of getting on the big rides at times not rope drop or end of the day, then your FP+ selections will box you into a rigid schedule 2 months prior to your actual vacation.

I am so glad they invested all that money into the FP+ system rather than build more rides!

However, you will like the Magic Bands. When working properly (and I think they have most of the bugs out), I think they are really convenient. Just be careful, as it makes spending money that much easier!

EJS-Houston
01-13-2016, 12:03 PM
Faline,

That's absolutely brilliant, and you're so generous to have gone to the trouble to share that with all of us. You've clarified a terribly complicated and potentially confusing system. I've printed it out, and copied and sent it to my friend whom I'm travelling with. I now know exactly what to do.

Heartfelt and Sincere Thanks!

EJS-Houston
01-13-2016, 12:06 PM
You're probably not overly cynical, Park Hopper, just realistic. It's good to have foreknowledge and know what to expect.

Good to hear good news about the Magic Bands, though.

Thanks!