PDA

View Full Version : Calling all cruisers!!

mickeymousedabomb1
01-11-2016, 02:50 PM
What are your experiences with cruise lines? Here's a honeymoon idea we have:

Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
September

Which is best? Carnival, Royal or Norwegian and why?!

JanetMegan
01-12-2016, 09:11 AM
I love Celebrity over Royal, I'm pretty loyal between the two cruise lines and I would say it depends a bit on what you are looking for. Royal is a younger more party crowd while I would say Celebrity is quieter with better food and service. I haven't done NCL but their more flexible dining and stuff makes it appealing.

BrerGnat
01-12-2016, 10:09 AM
I'd go with Royal for that one.

Tink1
01-12-2016, 10:17 AM
I too am a Celebrity over Royal person, but am not a young honeymooner. Depending on your likes and dislikes in the "real" world is what I would base ship advice on. Most younger folks like the less traditional, more upbeat NCL sailings.

I just sailed the NCL Gem to Canada in September and it was fantastic. Have sailed Royal and Celebrity and had fantastic cruises as well. It just depends on what you are looking for. They each have their own personalities.

Nanc

luvdiznee
01-12-2016, 12:49 PM
I've been on Disney, RCCL and Carnival. Of those, Disney is my favorite. But I'd go with RCCL over Carnival. Unless I am choosing by destinations then I may go with Carnival. IMO.

DNS
06-15-2016, 06:54 PM
We are planning a trip to Bermuda next spring. I'm curious if you have booked yours for September yet. We are trying to decide between Celebrity and Royal.

BriarRose0708
08-10-2016, 09:05 AM
We are also considering a cruise for part of our "Land and Sea" tour of Europe. We found an itinerary on Royal that we like a lot (8 night Mediterranean and Adriatic cruise) but never having cruised before, we aren't sure if we should look at Carnival, Viking, etc. We plan on budeting $2500 for the cruise. Any ideas?

TheDuckRocks
08-11-2016, 11:36 AM
We have completely enjoyed our NCL cruises the most. We really like their Free Style dining set up.
Disney Cruise Line is wonderful if you have kids along. For adults without kids other than Castaway Cay activities are very limited. And the costs are very high.
I would also stay away from the mega-huge ships. In my opinion they lack in personal service.
The other cruise line I would absolutely, positively never, ever, never go on again would be with Holland America. I was 71 at the time of our cruise to Alaska with them and I felt like a young whipper snapper because the average age of the vast majority of the other passengers was a good 10 years plus more than me. The food was better in the buffets than in the main dining room. The shows in the evening were no where near as good as the annual high school productions that my grandkids appeared in.