PDA

View Full Version : Which place would you stay?

lilogirl31
01-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Hi. I'm trying to plan 2 or 3 nights for our first trip to Disneyland at the end of March...we are driving over from Las Vegas before we drive home to Minnesota.

It's unlikely we will be in our room much, so don't want to spend a ton, but want clean and convenient... Which of these would you stay at? Tropicana, Camelot inn, best western Anaheim inn or best western plus park place inn? Anyone ever stay at castle inn?

Any other tips much appreciated!
Thanks in advance.:mickey:

cspenc28
01-08-2016, 08:27 PM
This past summer, my husband did a few days at Disneyland. We stayed at the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn, it was perfect! Quick walk to the parks, literally right across the street. It was clean, had a complimentary breakfast next door.

Hi. I'm trying to plan 2 or 3 nights for our first trip to Disneyland at the end of March...we are driving over from Las Vegas before we drive home to Minnesota.

It's unlikely we will be in our room much, so don't want to spend a ton, but want clean and convenient... Which of these would you stay at? Tropicana, Camelot inn, best western Anaheim inn or best western plus park place inn? Anyone ever stay at castle inn?

Any other tips much appreciated!
Thanks in advance.:mickey:

BrerGnat
01-08-2016, 08:48 PM
This past summer, my husband did a few days at Disneyland. We stayed at the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn, it was perfect! Quick walk to the parks, literally right across the street. It was clean, had a complimentary breakfast next door.

Agree. Best location.

tinkwest
01-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Another vote for Park Place Inn.

Crow
01-20-2016, 11:18 PM
better to stay here than a Disney hotel..the only other time i was at Disneyland I stayed at a hotel right across from the Disney parking lot

NewDVCowner
01-21-2016, 03:51 PM
I've stayed at the Tropicana and it's fine. Quick walk to the park, they do have breakfast but it was not good - cold pastries and coffee. No protein, no fruit. I do believe they had free parking, though. The room was clean and quiet, but nothing special. With all the votes for the Park Place then go for that, but I did want to say that there was nothing WRONG with the Tropicana, just nothing great, either (aside from location - though the Park Place has that, too).

Crow
01-23-2016, 06:22 PM
looks like that Best Western isnt available for when im there, neither is the place i stayed the last time..so looking for another place. the DIsney resorts are exp..

BrerGnat
01-23-2016, 07:49 PM
looks like that Best Western isnt available for when im there, neither is the place i stayed the last time..so looking for another place. the DIsney resorts are exp..

The Fairfield and Howard Johnson are good options too. Very close by. There is also a new Springhill Suites at the corner of Katella and Harbor.

tinkwest
01-24-2016, 03:55 PM
We enjoyed the Fairfield. It is only about a block away from the main crosswalk to DLR. Unless they've changed their offerings, breakfast is not included. There is a Mimi's and Panera next door, and McDonald's nearby.

Since someone else brought up the Tropicana I wanted to say I've stayed there twice and probably wouldn't again. My first visit was okay but not memorable. The second I was glad I was only there one night. To sum it up it was very dirty.

Crow
01-25-2016, 02:25 PM
I did just book BW Park Vue for one night. have to see about the other nights

Genie1953
01-25-2016, 11:53 PM
We loved Candy Cane Inn! They are a very short walk to the parks and have buses that run every 30 minutes if you are too tired to walk. We will be staying there for our future trips to Disneyland! Just can't say enough good things about that place!