PDA

View Full Version : VB 2016 warning

VWL Mom
01-07-2016, 10:58 AM
If anyone is booked at VB in the near future I suggest you call and check your reservations. It is being report by a few owners that letters are going out about the refurb and they are relocating people to SSR. Personally I would be beyond angry, a beach vacation villa for SSR - no way. To add insult to injury they are saying SSR costs more points and they are "gifting" them to you.

In general I'm frustrated that they are deciding (or announcing) these refurbs at the last minute and are taking so many rooms out of service at the same time. The addition of VB makes 4 resorts with limited rooms to start the year, VWL, BCV, AKV-J, and VB resulting in members scrambling to find rooms. Just not right.

BugeyedMuggy
01-12-2016, 08:11 AM
We are renting a house on the beach in the Outer Banks one week this year. If someone told us we had to give up our beach trip to go inland I would be very angry. Disney has been doing many cuts and refurbs that everyone is just supposed to accept. Besides the guys golf trip we are only doing Disney one week in 2016. Our last 3 trips we had either a crane outside our room all week or 8 hrs of construction going on. I want a quiet and restful vacation.

Ed
01-13-2016, 09:29 AM
I contacted VB about this, and was told that they did advise some guests who are booked during the period when rehab activity is expected to be the heaviest and OFFERED to transfer their reservations to a WDW resort if the guests felt the rehab might "ruin" their stay. No one is being involuntarily moved or cancelled. Personally, I think it was right for them to give guests a "heads up" and offer alternatives rather than have the guests get a rude awakening after arriving at the resort.