PDA

View Full Version : Very specific question about POR rooms.

mandaep
01-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Another post about POR, but I have been looking at the pictures of the rooms and I was curious which rooms were where? The two styles of preferred rooms are the 'nicer' ones with the blue chairs, and the alligator type, tree style wood for the furniture rooms that sleep five with the lay down bed. Are these rooms in any particular building, upper or lower? We requested building 14 or 15 as first preference, bottom level. I am just curious! Thanks!

brownie
01-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Buildings 14 & 15 are in Alligator Bayou and will have the "rustic" furniture.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-06-2016, 10:52 AM
The mansion buildings (the ones with the high numbers like 80 & 90) are the "nicer" rooms. They have the more formal furniture and landscaping. Of these, two are Royal Rooms, decorated with "princess" themed décor, and the other two are regular mansions. These are three-story buildings, with elevators.

The rest of the resort, the Bayou, has the more rustic-looking furniture. These buildings are two-story (no elevators) and have the pull-down bed to sleep an additional person (although, the pull-down beds are small). The buildings closet to the main area are "preferred", but that just refers to the location, nothing is different about the rooms themselves. Both buildings 14 & 15 are considered preferred, so if you booked that category, you have a good chance of getting them, if not it depends on availability. Any room in the Bayou section will look the same, it is just about where they are located.

#1donaldfan
01-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Building 14 is a preferred room as it's the closest to the food court. It has the rustic wood features, but again it's a preferred room. 14 does not have a quiet pool "attached" to it, but it's just a literal minute walk to the main bus depot (south). The murphy beds are both up and downstairs. I have stayed in 14 several times and love it ... it's worth paying a little extra to have a much shorter walk .....

mandaep
01-07-2016, 06:56 PM
Building 14 is a preferred room as it's the closest to the food court. It has the rustic wood features, but again it's a preferred room. 14 does not have a quiet pool "attached" to it, but it's just a literal minute walk to the main bus depot (south). The murphy beds are both up and downstairs. I have stayed in 14 several times and love it ... it's worth paying a little extra to have a much shorter walk .....

Yeah, we booked a preferred room but requested 14, then 15. Thanks for your information. I'm sure my kids will get a kick out of the gator bed. We don't plan on using the pool much besides our kids wanting the kiddie pool, which apparently should be finished by Feb 29th. I'm excited!