PDA

View Full Version : Universal/Harry Potter World v WDW - Do you feel the magic?

k10
01-05-2016, 04:34 PM
As a WDW fanatic, I am very nervous but excited to go to Universal Orlando for the first time this coming fall. I love the magic of WDW, the themeing, the streetmosphere. It's never let me down.

Will I feel this way at Universal? Specifically, will I feel like I am really in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade? Is it just a magical moment for the big kids at heart?

BrerGnat
01-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Overall, I don't "feel the Magic" at Universal. BUT, Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade are two places there that the "Magic" surpasses anything that Disney has. You will not be disappointed there at all if you are a HP fan.

Pirate Granny
01-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Overall, I don't "feel the Magic" at Universal. BUT, Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade are two places there that the "Magic" surpasses anything that Disney has. You will not be disappointed there at all if you are a HP fan.

Totally agree, those two areas will blow you away, the rest of the parks not so much, more fast food at every corner and little theming

DizneyFreak2002
01-05-2016, 08:57 PM
You will not be disappointed with Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley... No way, no how...

John
01-06-2016, 09:41 AM
Personally feel every bit at home at Universal's parks as I do at Disney. I think the whole knock on Universal is mostly from folks who feel comfort in being at a Disney park - which I get - but theme wise, there are plenty of outstanding themed areas and attractions at UOR and in some cases, are even more immersive. Overall, there is a lot of parity - and in both cases, plenty of room to do better...

k10
01-06-2016, 09:50 AM
thanks everyone!

Tearin_it_up
01-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Except for when you eat at Leaky Cauldron and realize the only bathroom is up the other side of Diagon Alley. But yeah those two areas are amazing, the rest of the park, no where close

LVT
01-11-2016, 12:02 PM
I truly enjoyed the Harry Potter area in both parks. We got the 2 park pass in order to ride the train both ways. I could spend a day in Potter areas, while the big coaster fans go elsewhere. :number1:

Pally
01-11-2016, 07:03 PM
We were at Universal at the end of December and we absolutely loved both parks. It is different than Disney but distinct in its own way. We have stayed a couple of times at Portofino Club level and just love it. Staying Deluxe on site is the way to go

k10
02-03-2016, 11:37 AM
We're staying at the Cabana Bay. I am obsessed w/ the themeing of it.

Thanks for all the info!