PDA

View Full Version : April 2016 help for a newbie

Kreed0504
01-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Hi! I've been lurking around for a bit and am so thankful for all of the information I've found in these forums. Thank you all. This will be the first Disney World vacation for my family and I'm so excited to see it through the eyes of my kids. I have a couple of questions.

1) My family of 4 plus my mother are planning on WDW 4/16-23. Is this going to be crazy crowd wise? I thought going several weeks after Easter would mean lighter crowds but now I'm second guessing myself.

2) can anyone make fp+ recommendations for the parks based on fp value vs. usual wait times? I have two pre-school aged girls who are princess crazy if that helps. I can look at the list and choose the attractions they'll like but I have no idea which ones are better to get fp's for based on usual waits.

3) I have ADRs for Ohana, Boathouse, Chef Mickeys, Cinderellas royal table, be our guest, mama melrose, Disney Jr at Hollywood and vine and akershus. Am I overlooking anything great that is a must eat restaurant for the kids?

4) doing BBB for older kid and a stop at the barbershop for some pixie dust for my 2 year old. Other than that, we haven't scheduled anything other than park visits. Any must dos I don't know about?

mom2morgan
01-05-2016, 04:25 PM
I think the crowds will be okay. I agree with your reasoning on going AFTER Easter, and BEFORE school lets out. I have never been since FP+, but if you can use it for an Anna and Elsa meet and greet, that is something that garners LONG lines. I like your reservations - I assume you are staying at Port Orleans? Boathouse is nice enough if you are there already but I wouldn't make a special trip for it. I'm also not convinced you need BOTH Cindy's and Akershus, but if they are princess crazy they may like it. The only other one I really like is the Cape May breakfast buffet with the characters in their beach clothes ;-) And finally, since this is a first trip and the girls are young, I don't think you need to book anything else. Do the parks, relax at the hotel in the afternoons, stick around for fireworks or parades if they are up to it. That is LOTS to keep you busy!

Lindslou
01-05-2016, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't make any more restaurant reservations. Flexibility is key and sometimes eating counter service on the fly makes things easier. I would fastpass Dumbo at Magic Kingdom if that's something you want to do. At Hollywood Studios you could fastpass For the First Time in Forever - A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration and Toy Story Mania. At Epcot you could do Turtle Talk with Crush.

xammy02
01-06-2016, 02:52 AM
If your girls are princess crazy, this is the place to go