PDA

View Full Version : How to use?

disney obsessed
01-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Ok. So if i buy points at vero beach because its a great deal, i can use them at any dvc resort?

BrerGnat
01-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Yes. But you will have to book 7 months or less from the date you want to stay. You will only have 11 month booking window advantage at your home resort.

John
01-02-2016, 11:28 AM
We bought Hilton Head because it was a great deal (we only own 60 points - don't laugh - it gets us 4 nights when we want to go and 5 every 3rd year or so because of banking leftover points) and given the size of DVC now, there is rarely a problem getting something to stay at WDW - you just have to be flexible about where you stay. Usually OKW or Saratoga have availability.

CanadianWDWFan
01-02-2016, 02:06 PM
What I tell others is to buy where you want to stay the most. We bought at BWI since we love the location and theming. Having the booking window at 11 months sure does make it easier getting rooms during hard to get times.

I do agree with John that with the size of DVC you won't have problems getting a room at seven months out, you will just have to be flexible in where you want to stay.

VWL Mom
01-02-2016, 03:28 PM
I'm not sure how many points you're looking at or how long you plan to keep it but the high dues at VB are something to consider when buying there. For example if you bought 200 points at SSR as opposed to VB your initial outlay would probably be about $3000-$3500 more based on current listings but your dues would be $550 less per year.