PDA

View Full Version : 2017 SSR Point Changes

VWL Mom
12-31-2015, 12:04 PM
The 2017 point charts are up and starting then SSR will have standard and preferred booking categories. According to MS and David's the preferred categories will include Springs and Congress Park. With this change, some of the standard bookings (mostly 2 bdrm) will actually be less points the OKW.

Hammer
12-31-2015, 12:52 PM
Lynn, where are you seeing what areas are preferred on Member Services? I can understand making the Springs and Congress Park preferred, but I can tell you from our last stay that not every room in the Springs should be charged as preferred. When we first checked in we were in a room that was first floor right next to housekeeping and resort deliveries. After trying the first night to have our evening wine on the patio (which had bushes in front of it in a failed attempt to muffle the noise), we called the front desk the next morning and asked to be moved. They were able to move us to a new room in the same building, but on the 3rd floor around the corner.

VWL Mom
12-31-2015, 01:22 PM
I got that over the phone, not online. They're basing the Springs in general on it's accessibility to Disney Springs. This will probably change IMO similar to the Theme Park Views at BLT that became std once people start complaining.