PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Pizza Planet Replacement: Updated 10/29/16 with Re-Opening Date & Menu

Figment!
12-30-2015, 07:22 PM
10/29/16

An opening date and menu preview have been announced for PizzeRizzo:

... PizzeRizzo – the classic family pizzeria owned by Rizzo – will open in Muppets Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on November 18. While enjoying personal-sized pies, guests will find décor inspired by Rizzo, as well as his extended family and friends who have visited PizzeRizzo over the years throughout the two-story eatery. Be sure to head upstairs to Rizzo’s Deluxe Supreme Banquet Hall, where there’s a wedding reception already in progress; join the party and show off your best moves under the disco ball to the world’s greatest party playlist!

... Entrees are served with a side Caesar salad, and include personal-sized Pizza Pies, available in four varieties—vegetable, pepperoni, meat lovers and cheese, as well as a Meatball Sub. If you’re looking for a lighter option, the Antipasto Salad features a bed of Romaine lettuce piled high with tomatoes, Mozzarella, Kalamata olives, ham, pepperoni, salami and Balsamic Vinaigrette.

For dessert, indulge in traditional Italian sweets like Cannoli and Tiramisu. Specialty drinks will also be available, including a non-alcoholic Peach Bellini, and a Wildberry-Basil Lemonade Limoncello in addition to beer and wine for adults.

7/15/16

The speculation of a Muppet themed replacement for Toy Story Pizza Planet has been confirmed:

PizzeRizzo will open this fall in Muppets Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, in the former Toy Story Pizza Planet location. Rizzo The Rat owns and operates the pizzeria, where guests can grab a pizza pie and a cold drink. Enjoy a casual Italian-American dining experience in a whole new way, through the eyes of the lovable, wisecracking Muppet.

Walt Disney Imagineering hid hints of Rizzo, his extended family and friends who have visited PizzeRizzo over the years throughout the two-story quick-service location. In addition to the expansive indoor and outdoor seating area, guests will be able to dine in a “cheesy” banquet room, or take five in a special booth designated just for Rizzo’s celebrity friends.

2/3/16

With themed construction walls up around Toy Story Pizza Planet, Cast and Guests have begun speculating to the future of the location. The construction walls contain a few gags reminiscent of its Muppet neighbors across the street. In addition, one wall has four yet-to-be opened preview windows labeled; "Look Later", "Wait and See", "Progress Window Opening Soon", and "See The Future".

The construction wall shtick and proximity to Muppet*Vision3-D, have lead to supportable speculation that the restaurant will re-open with a Muppet theme.

The park has yet to make an internal or public announcement regarding the lengthy renovation of the location.

12/30/15

Disney’s Hollywood Studios has announced that one of its popular Counter Service dining locations will be closed for an almost yearlong renovation. Toy Story Pizza Planet is scheduled to be closed for renovations January 19 through November 7, 2016.

Although it has not been officially confirmed, Studios Cast are reporting the project is a permanent closure of the Pizza Planet location and construction work for a new dining experience.

Fangorn
12-30-2015, 07:43 PM
Although it has not been officially confirmed, Studios Cast are reporting the project is a permanent closure of the Pizza Planet location and construction work for a new dining experience.

Not entirely surprising that they'd permanently close Pizza Planet (at least at this location). It's on the wrong side of the Park in the new configuration. All the Toy Story stuff will be on the other side of the Park. Perhaps they'll re-open it in a new, more appropriate location.

Steve

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-30-2015, 10:39 PM
I'm not surprised, but actually kinda bummed. DD LOVES Pizza Planet, but maybe/hopefully they will open a more thematic one in the new Toy Story area.

deedee73
12-31-2015, 12:44 AM
This is a total bummer for me - we love Pizza Planet & I had really hoped to have experienced it again through the eyes of my son on his first visit. Maybe they will relocate the restaurant but I'm not holding my breath. [emoji22]

Cass&KenziesMom
12-31-2015, 08:12 AM
Not cool!! We love Pizza Planet! :(

SurferStitch
12-31-2015, 08:56 AM
We really like Pizza Planet, but I can see why Disney wants a change. It would be great if they open up a new one over by TSMM. We do like the food there. I'm guessing the new restaurant will be Star Wars themed to go with the new land that's coming. Would make the most sense.

TheDuckRocks
12-31-2015, 11:45 AM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed here that someplace will have the Cappuccino cupcakes for the duration of the downtime. Man, that thing is my favorite Disney sweet treat ever.

i'm grumpy
12-31-2015, 04:30 PM
Haven't they noticed the SW Bay is also on the wrong side of the park??

Cass&KenziesMom
01-02-2016, 07:38 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed here that someplace will have the Cappuccino cupcakes for the duration of the downtime. Man, that thing is my favorite Disney sweet treat ever.
Mine too!

Fangorn
01-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Haven't they noticed the SW Bay is also on the wrong side of the park??

True, but Launch Bay was always touted as a temporary attraction/location. It will likely relocate (and expand) once a more permanent home is constructed for it in the new Star Wars Land.

Steve

i'm grumpy
01-04-2016, 01:39 PM
True, but Launch Bay was always touted as a temporary attraction/location. It will likely relocate (and expand) once a more permanent home is constructed for it in the new Star Wars Land.

Steve

Oh yes, I had forgotten that.

joanna71985
01-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Nooo! That's the only place I can get the veggie pizza :(

i'm grumpy
01-06-2016, 11:20 AM
They have so few places to eat now...

Tekneek
01-09-2016, 08:16 PM
Nooo! That's the only place I can get the veggie pizza :(

Yep, no more veggie pizza in that park. Just the cheese pizza.

Priority Four
01-11-2016, 02:00 PM
We almost always eat there and I don't really like it, but it's a thing for our family so I don't fight it. My kids (25,21) will be bummed.

joanna71985
01-15-2016, 09:07 PM
Yep, no more veggie pizza in that park. Just the cheese pizza.

I'm pretty sure it's the only park left serving veggie (I know MK doesn't. I can't remember if AK does, but I didn't think they do)

PirateLover
01-18-2016, 02:25 PM
I'm sure it will leak soon what the new theme is. Many people seem to think it may be some kind of Muppet theme. I'm not holding my breath, but if they are really leaving Muppet*Vision up, it would make sense to put a little more Muppet action in the area. Pizza Planet was always a disappointment to me, and I'm not just talking about the cardboard pizza. Just watched the first Toy Story again the other night, and they could take the theming so much further. I would love to see an updated Pizza Planet in Toy Story land.

Figment!
02-03-2016, 08:33 PM
**Update**

#1donaldfan
02-09-2016, 06:25 PM
We love Pizza Planet !! It's gonna be missed on our next trip ... hopefully they'll get another one up and running soon !!

Tearin_it_up
02-10-2016, 10:14 PM
Jim Hill Mentioned the Muppet theme as a big possibility. That whole area's design matches Muppets 3D's building already from when it was originally going to be a Muppetland

Figment!
07-15-2016, 05:50 PM
**Update**

SurferStitch
07-19-2016, 12:23 PM
Jim Hill Mentioned the Muppet theme as a big possibility. That whole area's design matches Muppets 3D's building already from when it was originally going to be a Muppetland

Yep, Jim Hill was right. We read about this a few days ago. I think it's a great idea.

Tekneek
07-21-2016, 10:49 AM
I like it! In an age where most new ideas are yawners to me, this one appeals to my lifelong fascination with The Muppets.

TracyL
07-22-2016, 07:20 PM
With the Rizzo theming, I wonder if they'll implement something like what they did with the animatronic Remy at Chefs de France a few years back....

Figment!
10-29-2016, 05:37 PM
**Update**

Gatchaman
11-04-2016, 02:50 PM
While I thought this pizza was excellent--I really did--I was always bummed that Pizza Planet was so small and looked nothing like the actual restaurant in Toy Story. I'm hoping they eventually reopen it and it's more like what we see in the movie.

PopPhan
11-16-2016, 02:15 PM
Since the "original" Pizza Planet in the park has closed and been replaced/rethemed as PizzeRizzo, do you think they might put a Toy Story Pizza Planet in the upcoming Pixar themed addition to the park? Two pizza places in the park may be a bit much, but it would be welcome.

PirateLover
11-21-2016, 01:05 PM
I really like what I've seen with the opening of PizzeRizzo. This muppet fan is excited to try it out!