PDA

View Full Version : December in Disney World - Part 9

faline
12-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Wednesday, December 16
Plan for the Day
Check out ad fly home

Not much excitement today. We get up and pack. After packing is completed, we drag our checked bags over to the resort airline check in desk, check them, and head to Olivia's for some breakfast. I'm not really hungry so just order he fruit plate. Our pickup is not until 1 so we head "home" and hang out until our 11 am checkout time. We move across the street to Hospitality House and hang out there until 12;30 when we move outside to wait for our 12:50 Magical Express pickup. At 1, the bus has not yet arrived so I run to the rest room. While I am there the bus arrives. When I return, Gene tells me the driver wanted to take our bag off the bus and make us wait for the next bus as he has "a schedule to keep". Before heading to the airport, we stop at Saratoga Springs for additional pickups.

No-one on our bus tips our driver - I wonder if he was as nasty to them as he was to us??

I have pre-check status but Gene does not so we head through the regular security line. It is as it always is in Orlando airport - a disorganized mess so it take us a while to get though.

I buy sandwiches that we eat on board. We fly; we arrive home; our daughter pricks us up at the airport and returns us to our home

Disney trip over. Until next time......

VWL Mom
12-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Just caught up on all your reports, sounds like a great trip! With all the reports of how crowded it was in the beginning of December I'm glad it wasn't too bad for you. One question, did the Boathouse take TIW? There's been conflicting reports on that.

Thanks for sharing your trip.

faline
12-27-2015, 05:19 PM
One question, did the Boathouse take TIW? There's been conflicting reports on that.

While they left open the possibility they would accept TIW in the future, they were not accepting it when we ate there.

RedSoxFan
12-27-2015, 09:08 PM
Enjoyed reading your trip reports. We were there 12/10--12/19. I didn't find the crowds too bad and the weather was great. We had problems on Toy Story as well with one of the screens not working.

Fangorn
12-28-2015, 09:00 PM
One question, did the Boathouse take TIW? There's been conflicting reports on that.

We were there the exact same dates and ate at the Boathouse on 12/8. I specifically asked a manager. The reply was that they are not accepting TIW. But they DO accept the dining plan, and both the AP and DVC discounts (10%).

Steve

JanetMegan
12-29-2015, 08:52 AM
Really enjoyed your trip reports, I'm so glad you posted them! I'm sorry you weren't feeling 100% the whole time...

VWL Mom
12-29-2015, 11:26 AM
We were there the exact same dates and ate at the Boathouse on 12/8. I specifically asked a manager. The reply was that they are not accepting TIW. But they DO accept the dining plan, and both the AP and DVC discounts (10%).

Steve

Thanks Steve, looks like they upped DVC to 15%. From MS:

The BOATHOUSE®: Save 15% on Lunch and Dinner
Location: Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Disney Springs The Landing
Benefit Type: Dining
Call (407) 939-2628 or (407) 939-BOAT† for reservations at The

dtootsie42
01-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the report. I have truly enjoyed reading about your adventure!

Lindslou
01-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip report! It was so fun to read.

Beach Club Babe
01-18-2016, 01:04 PM
As always I have enjoyed all of your reports, even if I did not get the chance to respond to them individually this time! Perhaps we will finally meet in person one day, now that we are living down here.

faline
01-18-2016, 01:11 PM
Perhaps we will finally meet in person one day, now that we are living down here.

That would be lovely!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-17-2016, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the posts