PDA

View Full Version : Symphony in the Stars Dessert Party

borisfam
12-26-2015, 08:09 PM
Anyone have any insight into whether this will actually be worth the steep ($69!) price tag? My 4-year-old is a huge Star Wars fan and we had fun on the Pirates and Pals cruise a few years ago, but this just looks like a private area with cupcakes to see the same fireworks everyone else experiences. I don't see info on a private meet and greet with characters or any other Star Wars-related perks. Am I missing something?

Couldn't I just buy a $5 cupcake and watch from the park for the same experience?

DisneyGiant
12-26-2015, 08:35 PM
I attended one of the first dessert parties they started about 8 years ago. It is definitely was not worth the price (it was $39 a person then), but I was really paying for the experience, not the food per se - we didn't have to fight the crowds to see the fireworks & they had a special photopass person stationed there for castle shots.

Not sure what this dessert party offers - but $69 is a lot of money. I'd want a character or two there for that price!!!!!

VWL Mom
12-27-2015, 07:49 AM
Not sure what this dessert party offers - but $69 is a lot of money. I'd want a character or two there for that price!!!!!
Enjoy an out-of-this-world selection of desserts and specialty drinks—including alcoholic beverage options. Nibble on Darth Vader cupcakes as you take in an up-close view of the enthralling Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show.

To remember the very unique evening for a long time (in a galaxy not so far, far away), you'll receive a souvenir stein featuring one of the most beloved Star Wars characters, Chewbacca.

The Force is strong with this one!

Dates
The Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party is offered on multiple nights from January 5, 2016 through March 19, 2016.

Price
The price is $69.00 per adult (age 10 and over) and $39.00 for children (ages 3 to 9); tax and gratuity are included.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios admission is also required and is not included in the price of the Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party.

borisfam
12-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the info. I think we will have to pass... I certainly don't mind spending top dollar for a unique experience, but this seems a little lacking. We enjoyed the Pirates and Pals cruise because my son got to meet the characters and interact with them. I doubt that we will eat and drink $69 worth of dessert and alcohol within an hour, and the plastic Chewbacca mug doesn't really push it over the top for me. Also, we are going at the end of January when there will be plenty of great places to see the fireworks.

If they just had a couple of costumed characters or some interactive experience I'd be sold in a second. Seems like a missed opportunity.

LVT
12-29-2015, 08:53 PM
I agree that this looks lame. One is always hopeful. Hey they only needed stocks and some stormtroopers.