PDA

View Full Version : Baby's first WDW trip - Day 5

Dulcee
12-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Today we ran just a little behind and made it to Epcot just after opening. We make our way back to Test Track. Myself, dad and sister hop online, its already at 30 minutes, and we grab a baby swap for DH and my mom. When we get off we hand the pass off to them. My sister is able to hop on again compliments of the rider swap being good for 3 people.

I spend some time letting DS check out the cars on display. This kid is obsessed with cars and he has a blast! I laugh a little seeing the new Chevy Traverse on display. We just bought one, compliments of checking out the Traverse on our honeymoon here a few years earlier. I guess the marketing scheme works.

Once they finish their ride we all head over to soarin. We have fast passes but need to ride in groups due to DS. My parents and sister hop on but we suddenly realize that the fast pass line is long and mine and DH's fast pass will soon expire. Fortunately a cast member helps us out and gives us a baby swap pass in case we miss our time. By the time they get off our fast passes had expired so it was a good thing we asked. While we ride the other group takes DS on Livin with the Land. He was a big fan of the boat.

Next we head over to Imagination to ride Figment. My parents are super disappointed EO is gone already. We missed it by just a few days. DS LOVES the beginning of Figment but passes out cold at the end. Everyone is starting to get hungry for lunch so we head back to World Showcase. We head back to Germany. DH and my dad grab sausage sandwiches and beers. My sister has a really yummy grapefruit beer.

Mom and I forge on to America to find food for DS. We grab him some grilled chicken, grapes and rice. Again, loving the Mickey check meals for kids. We meet back up and continue on to Morocco and for lunch for the girls. Mom, my sister and I split two platters and its really delicious. It was well worth the walk. We spend some time checking out the shops and then head back to America for the American Adventure.

This is my favorite! And we are early enough to catch the Voices of Liberty doing carols. DS even catches a nap during the show, its a win all around. After this we head back towards Mexico to do the boat ride. Again, boats seem to be a winner for DS.

At this point we realize DS has leaked and we are out of diapers. Oops! We really don't want to make him deal with a car ride soaking wet. We head back to the baby care center. These are so nice! After some confusion over what size diaper to buy (DS uses cloth diapers so DH and I must have looked very odd trying to figure out disposable sizes) we get a pack and make use the changing station. Again, we are super impressed with the space and amenities.

With a dry diaper DS is ready to head home. A quick stop in Mouse Gears for odds and ends and then we make our way out of the park and back to the rental house. DS gets a bath and we make him dinner at home. We have a late reservation at Jiko's tonight. After a few hours down time we get everyone together and head out to the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

When we arrive at the AKL DS is out cold. We load him into the stroller and he doesn't budge. We all cross our fingers he stays out for the meal tonight to give us a break from juggling. We check out the AKL and the animals and then head to Jiko. We grab a spot at the bar while we wait and are seated a little while later at a table with plenty of room to park the stroller with a sleeping DS.

This meal, as it usually is, was FANTASTIC. I cannot recommend Jiko enough. Appetizers we shared a cauliflower flat bread, the wild boar, the bread and dip sampler and a winter squash soup. For dinner I had pork shank which was amazing and so soft you could cut it with a fork. DH had the filet and mac and cheese. Other meals were the short ribs, the vegetarian option and the chicken breast. Everything was amazing. There were also desserts and after dinner drinks tonight but I can't remember what. And DS gifted us with sleeping through the whole meal. It was nice to eat with occupying a toddler and this was hands down my favorite meal of the entire trip.

faline
12-19-2015, 06:09 PM
Very nice day with a wonderful dinner to finish it off!!