PDA

View Full Version : Military Salute Tickets

buzznwoodysmom
12-14-2015, 05:37 PM
It seems I remember reading some time ago that Disneyland handles the salute tickets a bit different than WDW. Can someone tell me everything I need to know regarding this?

Do we all have to have our military IDs with us? Or just DH?

We are purchasing the tickets once we arrive. Is there a better place to do this? In WDW we purchase them at Shades of Green. Would Downtown Disney be our best option in DL?

Thanks!

BrerGnat
12-14-2015, 06:47 PM
You can buy them at any Disneyland ticket window. There are no ticket booths in Downtown Disney. They are located between the two parks.

You only need one ID per every 6 tickets. You do not all have to be there when they are purchased. Names will be printed (or written) on each ticket.

On the first use, the military ID (one per party) will need to be shown, so make sure you have it on your first park day.

On day one, you will ALL be asked to show a photo ID (exclude kids) that matches the name on the ticket and your picture will be taken with an iPod. This is Disneyland's version of the finger scan. Next time you enter the park, your ticket will be scanned and your photo will come up on the CMs computer.

There is no reason to purchase these tickets in advance. Since Disneyland does not charge sales tax on admission tickets (a deal they have with the city of Anahem), there is no savings by buying them on base.

BrerGnat
12-14-2015, 06:48 PM
It is wise to always carry your military ID though. Sometimes, they ask to see it when you enter a park for the first time in the day. Sometimes not. Save yourself the hassle of going back to your room and just keep it with you.

buzznwoodysmom
12-14-2015, 08:17 PM
It is wise to always carry your military ID though. Sometimes, they ask to see it when you enter a park for the first time in the day. Sometimes not. Save yourself the hassle of going back to your room and just keep it with you.

Are you referring to DH's military ID? He carries it on him at all times. The boy's and I actually have expired military ID's. Just haven't seemed to have time to go get them renewed, and since we don't live on or near a military base we actually don't ever even use them. We all have state issued ID's that are current, just not military. Should we all carry our ID's on us first thing in the morning (I will have mine, but the boys don't usually carry their's on them), or are you just talking about the one military ID?

BrerGnat
12-14-2015, 09:07 PM
Just the one military ID