PDA

View Full Version : The Wonderful World of Disney: Mary Poppins Airs Tonight (12/12/15)

Figment!
12-12-2015, 02:40 PM
ABC is bringing back The Wonderful World of Disney tonight with Marry Poppins:

Disney Legend Dick Van Dyke, who portrays Bert, the carefree Cockney chimney sweep in Mary Poppins, will host interstitials throughout ABC's broadcast of "'The Wonderful World of Disney' Presented by Target Brings You Mary Poppins" on SATURDAY DECEMBER 12 8|7c. Van Dyke will be joined by Target's mascot, "Bullseye," the lovable bull terrier. This holiday event marks the first network television broadcast of Mary Poppins in 13 years.

In all-new footage, Mr. Van Dyke, with a little help from Bullseye, takes viewers on a magical journey into Disney's Archives where they can spot treasures, including iconic props from "Mary Poppins" and other Disney favorites, and he shares insights about a movie that continues to delight generations of families.

Very interested in the look into the Disney Archives plus insights from 'Bert' himself.

VWL Mom
12-12-2015, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the reminder Jason, have to set my DVR. The first time I saw Mary Poppins was at Radio City with my grandmother in the early 60's.