PDA

View Full Version : Not Disneyland, but Wizarding World of Harry Potter

BrerGnat
12-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Opens April 7, 2016. I am curious what kind of effect this will have on crowds at DL? Hoping to see some relief! I will definitely be visiting Universal Hollywood next spring!

BriarRose0708
12-09-2015, 04:39 PM
I hope it does well and draws crowds away from DL for a little.... we will be at DL first week in May and I couldn't convince DBF to check out WWoHP because of how crazy it will be since it would have just opened. I still need to do it in FL!

BrerGnat
12-09-2015, 05:54 PM
I hope it does well and draws crowds away from DL for a little.... we will be at DL first week in May and I couldn't convince DBF to check out WWoHP because of how crazy it will be since it would have just opened. I still need to do it in FL!

Honestly, I don't think it will be as crazy as Orlando was. I base that on the new annual passes they have for sale. They are still VERY cheap and don't have too many days blacked out around the grand opening. April 7-12 and then weekends seem to be the major black out dates. Some were speculating that they would not even offer APs for a year after WWoHP opened. Clearly not the case. The most expensive AP is only $299. That is bargain basement pricing compared to DL. The Southern CA AP is only $139. I will probably get one because I already have two visits planned for next year and don't want to pay for two separate $87 day tickets.

BrerGnat
12-09-2015, 05:55 PM
I expect the first week to be packed and then crowds to level off by the end of April/spring break season.

2Epcot
12-14-2015, 04:34 PM

I believe the crowds will be crazy at least throughout the summer if not longer. Universal is expecting the same. They have built, and are building up so much new infrastructure (new parking garages) they are expecting a lot of people. I really believe Disneyland will see little to no impact from Harry Potter, there are just too many people in the LA area for it to really make a difference. I just got back from seeing Harry Potter in Orlando for the first time a few weeks ago. I won't be going to the one here in Hollywood anytime soon, unless I get into a preview event.