PDA

View Full Version : California Adventure ?

buzznwoodysmom
12-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Trying to plan a day at California Adventure.

Scheduled park hours are 8am - 11pm.

First question is about World of Color. I see that "World of Color - Winter Dreams" is at 9:00, and "World of Color - Celebrate" is at 10:15. Do we just show up for first show and stay put through both shows if we wish to see them both? I looked up dining packages and online is showing nothing available for Dinner Packages for any of the nights we will be in the parks. Is this normal for early Jan.? Will we really need the dining package at this time?

Also what exactly is "Diamond Mad T Party"? It's listed under Fireworks and Nighttime Spectacular. Showings at 6pm and 11pm. Is one time better than another? I am thinking the 11pm would be less crowded.

Are there any shows worth making time for? I know we definitely would like to see Aladdin. Is there anything else we should try not to miss?

Anything else I should know about a day at California Adventure? Any tips or tricks? FP priority? Any and all suggestions welcome! Thanks!!:mickey:

BrerGnat
12-02-2015, 02:43 PM
You cannot stay put for 2 World of Color Shows. You need a Fastpass ticket to access the viewing area. The tickets are issued for only one show. Yiu don't need to do a dining package, that just gets you a "preferred" viewing area. There are two other viewing areas for the general public and those areas are where the Fastpass tickets get you. These tickets are not like other FP tickets in that you can have them and immediately get other FP tickets. I would recommend getting one for each show on the same day, unless you can do one show one night and the other on a different night.

Mad T Party is an outdoor club, basically. There is a large stage set up in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area near Monster's Inc ride. A live DJ spins dance type music while live dancers and singers perform. The whole thing is Alice in Wonderland (the Tim Burton version) themed. There are bars set up serving alcoholic drinks. There are oversized couches and chairs and some tables set up. It's supposed to be like a nightclub. It is kid friendly, but primarily visited by adults. It has a very strong cult type following as the Deejays are locally well known talent. I'm noy really sure what the times represent, although it seems like maybe that is the beginning and ending times? It's not really a "show" as it goes continuously.

BriarRose0708
12-04-2015, 12:16 PM
You're going to love it! I don't have much to add, but I remember really loving sitting at the Pacific Wharf enjoying a beverage from the beer truck and people watching. It was a beautiful day and I had been in the park since opening so it was a welcome break. Even though it's smaller, I found I needed just as many breaks at DLR as I do at WDW! Have an amazing trip!