PDA

View Full Version : Disney with an Exchange Student in May

Aero
12-02-2015, 11:01 AM
I'm very excited, because I just booked a 5-day trip in early May for me, my daughters, and a wonderful exchange student from Brazil. :joy:After coming to the US on exchange, her next dream is going to WDW, and I'm happy we can do this for her. She's 17.

I know they have maps in Portuguese and things like that (her English is very good), but what should I look out for or do to make her stay as magical is possible? :party2: Have you ever brought a foreign visitor? Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Also, this will be our first trip that hasn't been during February vacation, April vacation, or Summer (my wife is a teacher). Any advice for early May? Thank you!

PS: I know about the huge tour groups from Brazil, and the many complaints about them. No need to discuss them here. Thx! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-02-2015, 04:42 PM
You're all going to have a great time! Early May is one of our favourite times to visit, the weather is great and the crowds aren't crazy yet.

I don't think that there is anything special you'll need to do to make it special, outside of the things you'd do for any first visit, such as getting a button at Guest Services.

Is there something she is really excited about? Has she read about a particular ride or restaurant, etc? Maybe you could plan to start with that, to kick the trip off on a special note.

Aero
12-02-2015, 08:13 PM
Thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I will certainly make sure to get her that "My First Visit" button.

It seems that the rides she has heard about are mostly the ones that scare her -- Tower of Terror and the like, so we'll work up to those. I think the Magic Kingdom will definitely be our first stop, however. She's dying to see the castle, and I can't wait to see her face when she does.