PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Beach Club to enter EPCOT

WDWPrincess
11-30-2015, 02:13 AM
My family will be staying at Art of Animation Resort and we will have a car. One of our days, we plan to spend a few hours in the morning at EPCOT and then when we leave, we're going to get ice cream at Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club Resort.

My question is: Since we will have a Resort Parking Pass - can we just park at the Beach Club around 10am and enter EPCOT - and then go to Beaches & Cream on our way out? Will we have any issue parking there in the morning?

Isabella
11-30-2015, 02:44 AM
We stayed at the Beach Club last August and several times before our arrival were advised that there is limited parking and they strongly recommend not renting a car but using Disney Transportation. They will ask for picture ID and room number at the security gate.
That being said you do have reservations at Beaches and Cream, but they may not let you in that far in advance of your reservation.
To avoid disappointment I'd err on the side of caution and plan on not parking there.

Pirate Granny
11-30-2015, 07:18 AM
If they are just stopping for ice cream, they won't have an ADR. They will not let you in the parking lot and will ask you to park at EPCOT lot. Your pass will state A of A, and not BC . They are getting very careful about parking, especially during the busy time at the holidays.

BrerGnat
11-30-2015, 10:20 AM
Nope, they will not allow that. They are incredibly strict at the Epcot resorts. You can try at the Boardwalk as they have self parking for people to access the Boardwalk so they are more lenient there. However, you can also simply plan to take a cab back to your resort from BC after you have ice cream.

John
11-30-2015, 12:20 PM
It Depends - sometimes they allow it, sometimes they don't. As Natalie mentioned, if I am parking there, I always to Boardwalk, as they have a dedicated lot across the street. The busier the time of year, the less your chances of being able to do it. I have done it many times, but it has usually been during slow times. I always show my AP, my drivers license and have my room parking tag visible. Can tell you during peak times, they won't allow it to happen. One option though is to valet park - which often has spaces even when the lot is at capacity. There have been a number of occasions where I wanted to do a walk up (to sit at the bar solo at Kona at the Polynesian for example...) and had been told there was no parking - but when I asked if I could Valet Park - was then let in. Can't hurt to ask - and if you are told no, say thanks and move on.

Kerry823
11-30-2015, 08:28 PM
We have frequently parked at the Boardwalk, enjoyed our time there, walked around, went to EPCOT, ate at ESPN and have never had a problem parking at the Boardwalk.

Melanie
11-30-2015, 08:37 PM
I've parked in the overflow lot at Boardwalk more times than I can count. That said, my FIL was actually turned away Easter week this year. Sign of the times.