PDA

View Full Version : Theory that Disney keeps you young

merciantinkerbell
11-29-2015, 01:03 PM
So I get my birthday e mail from Intercot today, thank you very much. I'm 44 and it gets me thinking. At 44 I suppose I am an adult as I'm married with a mortgage, insurance and all those other bill things (yawn), every now and again - but more now than again I get what we call "Hey you" pains, you know, those mysterious aches and pains that's your body saying " Hey you! You're not as young as you think. Have some pain to remind you". But, and it's a big BUT I mostly feel like, when do I start being grown up with all those grown up things to do??
I think Disney keeps you young as my sitting room has numerous Disney snowglobes, Stitches' and 8 boards with our pins on and when I look at it, or watch a Disney DVD or lucky enough to be in the World, I sure don't feel like a 44 year old grown up!! :mickey:

Patricia
11-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Happy Birthday!

MNNHFLTX
11-30-2015, 10:12 AM
I like your theory! :thumbsup: I tend to think any kind of travel helps to keep a person feeling young, as it takes them outside the daily grind and exposes them to new ideas and experiences. Disney certainly fits the bill with that.

BrerGnat
11-30-2015, 11:14 AM
For me, Disney is simply about having FUN. So many adults forget how to do that or feel that grown ups are not allowed to have fun. Those people, to me, represent something I never want to become. Disney allows us to just have fun, regardless of what else we are dealing with in life. And I love that about it.

Disney4us2
12-03-2015, 05:05 AM
I suffer from Peter Pan syndrome. I've never grown up. I was lucky enough to grow up in So Cal and Disneyland in my back yard. Now I'm near WDW. I'm older, but still keep young at heart. I love my morning escapes to WDW.

TheDuckRocks
12-03-2015, 11:54 AM
I'm 72 now and still wonder what I'm going to be when I grow up. Disney trips are my number one outlet for acting like a kid.