PDA

View Full Version : Buying DVC points from someone?

ajwgroomer
11-28-2015, 10:05 PM
I'm considering buying DVC points our next trip but unsure how it works and how much I'm going to end up paying. I'm looking at October 2016 Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge. If I buy someone's points can I still get the dining plan? Any info would be great!

ajwgroomer
11-29-2015, 12:52 AM
Anyone???:mickey:

Pirate Granny
11-29-2015, 01:10 AM
Are you renting someone's points or are you actually buying a contract either from disney or the resale market. DVC rentals or owners can purchase the dining plan. It will never be available to be gotten for free.

VWL Mom
11-29-2015, 11:00 AM
If you're looking to rent points you would be able to find point listing on some of the other boards. We do not rent points here on Intercot. You could also rent points through a broker such as our sponsor The Timeshare Store however TSS does not allow DDP. These days, you can expect to pay around $15 per point, the majority of the time you pay upfront and it is nonrefundable.

j2k
02-02-2016, 11:58 AM
You could also rent points through a broker such as our sponsor The Timeshare Store however TSS does not allow DDP. These days, you can expect to pay around $15 per point, the majority of the time you pay upfront and it is nonrefundable.

How many points are needed per night? I know each Resort is different. Is there a chart somewhere? I'm new to this also and am considering renting points and am trying to get as informed as I can.

j2k
02-02-2016, 11:59 AM
Nevermind. I just found it. Thanks!