PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Dining Recommendations and ADR timing

andypooh
11-24-2015, 05:40 PM
How far in advance can you make dining reservations? Are there any restaurants that we should definitely hit if possible in the parks or downtown disney area? Any fast serve restaurants that are really good? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

BrerGnat
11-24-2015, 07:35 PM
I want to say it is 60 days. I don't know more specifically since I never make reservations. We recently made a reservation a week ahead of time for lunch at Carthay Circle (which I definitely recommend--it's great!) simply because we needed to eat lunch at a specific time due to another obligation that day so we didn't want to risk a wait. The only other place we make reservations for is Napa Rose, which is pretty popular. You can usually walk up there with a short wait but they give better tables to reservation holders.

In general, I recommend the following TS:

Disneyland: Carnation Cafe for breakfast or lunch--reservation recommended since it's a small place and popular

DCA: Carthay Circle

Downtown Disney: Naples (basically same as Via Napoli in Epcot); Uva Bar, Tortilla Jo's, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen; ESPN Zone ---I recommend reservations if you want dinner on a Friday-Sunday or lunch on the weekends, otherwise you can walk up to all with a minimal wait most times.

At Grand Californian, both Napa Rose and Storyteller's Cafe are very good. Napa Rose is one of the best restaurants in Southern CA. Storyteller's has a good lunch and a good dinner buffet.

DLH: Steakhouse 55 has great breakfast and dinner. Very cool atmosphere.

As for quick service, there are so many good choices. My favorites in DL are French Market, Bengal BBQ, Rancho del Zocalo, and the Jolly Holiday Bakery (excellent sandwiches). Pizza Port in Tomorrowland has some really good salads and pasta dishes.

DCA: Smokejumpers Grill for burgers, shakes, and onion rings; Paradise Garden Grill for really good Mediterranean plates, and Flo's V8 Cafe (love the turkey dip sandwich there).

In Downtown Disney: Earl of Sandwich, Tortilla Jo's Taqueria, and LA Brea Bakery Express are all good.

At the resorts, Tangaroa Terrace at DL hotel has great food for all meals. Whitewater Snacks has amazing steak nachos and its always very peaceful in there so we like eating there sometimes when DCA is very busy.

BrowncatP
11-25-2015, 08:18 PM
For DL it is 60 days in advance.

HndrdPrcnt
11-26-2015, 01:50 AM
At DL, I really focus on the quick service.....I LOVE Bengal BBQ across from the Jungle Cruise and I also LOVE the corn dog cart on Main Street. Both are MUSTS for me each trip to DL. I also enjoy Steakhouse 55 at DLHotel.

Enjoy your trip!

EeyoresBestFriend
11-26-2015, 12:14 PM
We loved Ralph Brennan's Jazz kitchen and Tortilla Jo's. Both pretty darn tasty!

BrerGnat
11-29-2015, 02:07 PM
Just want to add, on weekend mornings, there are podiums set up outside each Downtown Disney restaurant making same day lunch and dinner reservations. I tried to make a lunch reservation for today last night online and it said "no times available." Just walked up to a podium at Naples at 10:30 and made a lunch reservation for 4 at 12:30 no problem.