PDA

View Full Version : Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza

buzznwoodysmom
11-24-2015, 09:18 AM
I found a good deal on the Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza. Is this a clean, safe hotel? What about location? Just want something that is clean, and in a safe area, with somewhat easy access to things we might like to see in the LA area.

BrerGnat
11-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Have you checked reviews on Trip Advisor? Seems to be a pretty good place. Parking is like $50/day though, so take that into consideration. The location is really good, so I'd say go for it if the price works for you. You will only be there a short time, right? So even if its not amazing, I'm sure it will do.

tinkwest
11-24-2015, 01:02 PM
It's been too many years since I lived in LA to comment specifically on the area. The hotel is near one of the busiest freeway intersections in the county so you should be able to get on a freeway and head in any direction you like although it might be a bit slow going at first due to the traffic. The Omni Hotel in downtown San Diego has a good reputation for cleanliness and service.

Not really answering your questions directly but hopefully giving you some extra thoughts.

buzznwoodysmom
11-25-2015, 08:15 AM
It's got very favorable reviews on Trip Advisor. It has 4 1/2 "stars" and is ranked #6 out of over 300 hotels in the area. The few complaints I could find seem pretty minor.

I did notice the $48 a night parking fee, but I just figured parking would be expensive at most area hotels, no? Anyway, it still prices out at under $200 a night even with the parking fees. Glad to hear the location is good. That was my main concern with us not knowing the area at all.

Thanks for the quick replies. I am going to go ahead and book this! We have stayed Omni before and have never been disappointed with hotels or service.