PDA

View Full Version : ID at the airport for a 17 year old?

MILWDIANA
11-21-2015, 06:35 PM
Will my 17 year old need ID at the airport?

VWL Mom
11-21-2015, 06:46 PM
From TSA

TSA does not require children under 18 to provide identification when traveling with a companion within the United States. Contact the airline for questions regarding specific ID requirements for travelers under 18.

PopPhan
11-22-2015, 11:19 AM
Personally, I believe that everyone from school age on should carry an up-to-date photo ID - including Name, Address, and Date of Birth - just in case of emergency.

BUT, to answer your question, legally no, but if the child LOOKS like they might be 18 or older, they could very well be asked for ID and not passed through until some verification of age could be supplied.

Basket Mommy
12-06-2015, 08:29 AM
Will my 17 year old need ID at the airport?

When we traveled to Washington, DC in March my 17 year-old daughter was asked for her driver's license when we checked in for our return flight from Baltimore to Greenville, SC. I don't know what they would've done if she hadn't been licensed. She does look older than 17, though. Maybe that's why she was asked.

MNNHFLTX
12-06-2015, 11:15 PM
With a 17-year-old, I would definitely go to the airport prepared with an ID. It will make the process much easier.

Mickey'sGirl
12-07-2015, 06:46 AM
With a 17-year-old, I would definitely go to the airport prepared with an ID. It will make the process much easier.
I agree ... a driver's license at the very least.