PDA

View Full Version : poly question

busterthebronco
11-20-2015, 09:00 AM
is there an "adult" version of the dole whip float that we could take to the hot tub?
:number1:

faline
11-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Not that I'm aware of but it doesn't really matter as you can't bring beverages into the hot tub or set them on the pool wet deck.

cer
11-20-2015, 12:55 PM
is there an "adult" version of the dole whip float that we could take to the hot tub?
:number1:

I've heard/read there is an adult version of the Dole Whip called the Spikey (sp?) Pineapple. It is my understanding that it can only be purchased at the outside bar area of Trader Sam's. So while you might not be able to take it to the hot tub, it is available nearby.

BrerGnat
11-20-2015, 02:13 PM
Not that I'm aware of but it doesn't really matter as you can't bring beverages into the hot tub or set them on the pool wet deck.

As far as I know, the only restriction is no glass on the pool deck. I've stayed at numerous Disney resorts that have poolside bar service and people sip drinks while sitting in the hot tub all time.

tikiman
12-08-2015, 12:57 PM
The sign at the hot tub specifically says no food or beverage in the hot tub or up on the tub deck area. Also in most states it is illegal to have alcohol in hot tubs due to health reasons. Spilling most beverages into hot tubs can and has done harm to the chemical balance and the filters. A few times already the Polynesian hot tub has been drained because of this.

Dream'nDisney
12-10-2015, 11:42 AM
When did Poly finally get a hot tub?! During the recent renovation? Them not having one was the only draw back to staying there previously. I'm glad to hear that they have one now! :thumbsup::lei::tikki:

Polynesian Dweller
12-10-2015, 05:42 PM
When did Poly finally get a hot tub?! During the recent renovation? Them not having one was the only draw back to staying there previously. I'm glad to hear that they have one now! :thumbsup::lei::tikki:

Yep, it was part of the most recent refurb of the main pool. It's in the north east corner of the pool area and in its own area.

Goofy4TheWorld
12-10-2015, 08:03 PM
As far as I know, the only restriction is no glass on the pool deck. I've stayed at numerous Disney resorts that have poolside bar service and people sip drinks while sitting in the hot tub all time.

My family was chastised by lifeguards this May for drinks deck-side at the CBR hot tub (it was a refillable mug with Coke).

BrerGnat
12-10-2015, 08:29 PM
My family was chastised by lifeguards this May for drinks deck-side at the CBR hot tub (it was a refillable mug with Coke).

Wow, that has never happened to us. We usually stay at deluxes that have poolside bar service. Never NOT seen people with drinks on the hot tub deck.

Melanie
12-10-2015, 10:38 PM
We were similarly chastised at Disneyland at the Grand Californian hot tub. It's a no-no to have drinks at the hot tub.

BrerGnat
12-11-2015, 01:14 AM
We were similarly chastised at Disneyland at the Grand Californian hot tub. It's a no-no to have drinks at the hot tub.

Huh. Well, they don't seem to have an issue with it at the Disneyland Hotel spas. At least, they didn't in July.