PDA

View Full Version : May have to cancel?

andmomlau
11-18-2015, 10:09 PM
we are fairly new DVC members...still getting the hang of all of this. My husband and I have a reservation at OKW fromDec4-Dec7. My 89 yr old mother law is very ill. I called dvc and asked when I had to cancel by and they explained that since I was already past the 30 days, it didn't matter when I canceled between 1-29 days...that the points would go into holding...I think she said. What does this mean? We are going back for a week in March, but that is already scheduled...I'm just afraid of losing the points...can someone explain?

VWL Mom
11-18-2015, 10:33 PM
I'm sorry about your MIL. Holding points can be used to book reservations no more than 60 days out, they cannot be banked, and they expire at the end of your use year. In the event that your not able to use them you could always try renting them out through our sponsor The Timeshare Store. I hope everything works out for you.

ThanxForNoticin
11-19-2015, 12:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your situation. Something else you might try - if you do have to cancel the December trip, mark your calendar and give Member Services a call 60 days from your March trip - perhaps there is something they could do to rearrange things, and use your "holding" points at that time and free up the points you're currently using for March.

The best scenario, though, is that your MIL improves and you can still enjoy the December trip - hope that works out for you. Good luck.

andmomlau
11-19-2015, 08:11 PM
I actually thought of that....seeing if we could use the December points for March since thee March points can be banked. Thank you!