PDA

View Full Version : All Star Movies Evacuated Due to Bomb Scare

faline
11-18-2015, 07:30 AM
Apparently, there was some sort of bomb scare (http://www.clickorlando.com/news/disneys-all-star-movies-resort-briefly-evacuated-fire-officials-say/36510344) which led to a brief evacuation of the All Star Movies resort.

John
11-18-2015, 08:00 AM
Unfortunately, I think we are going to be dealing with stuff like this for quite some time.

VWL Mom
11-18-2015, 08:06 AM
:(

faline
11-18-2015, 08:13 AM
Unfortunately, I think we are going to be dealing with stuff like this for quite some time.

You are probably right. This morning's news included a report on two airplanes being diverted to unexpected airports due to bomb threats.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-18-2015, 09:06 AM

I agree. Hopefully (and I fully expect) that they will all turn out to be false alarms, but there will be a rash of these incidents for a while.

Must have been scary for those there though!

PopPhan
11-18-2015, 09:10 AM
You are probably right. This morning's news included a report on two airplanes being diverted to unexpected airports due to bomb threats.

Interesting note: Both were AirFrance flights.

magicofdisney
11-18-2015, 09:24 AM
The title reads Music. I'm at Music and I was wondering what this was about. We haven't left or been notified of anything this morning. I see now, it must have been Movies?

Dulcee
11-18-2015, 09:24 AM
I hate to see it in places like this but I will say this, my husband met a retired K9 officer from WDW at a K9 training conference last year. He was extremely impressed with the level of professionalism and the amount of work done by their K9 explosives team day in and day out. Fortunately there is a lot of security behind the scenes to mitigate threats like this.

faline
11-18-2015, 09:50 AM
The title reads Music. I'm at Music and I was wondering what this was about. We haven't left or been notified of anything this morning. I see now, it must have been Movies?

You're right - it was Movies. I typed the incorrect thing!!

Terra
11-19-2015, 06:23 AM
I can't imagine how frightening that was in the moment.
Has anyone heard what sparked the suspicion?

Patricia
11-19-2015, 08:54 AM
I've changed the title to "Movies". I'm sure security will be heightened at all large gathering places.