PDA

View Full Version : Which building at Disneyland Hotel?

buzznwoodysmom
11-16-2015, 03:58 PM
We have 5 nights booked at the Disneyland Hotel in Jan. I just booked a standard room/view. Should I request a particular building? We have never been so I don't know if there are any differences in buildings, or if one is better (location wise) than others. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

BrerGnat
11-16-2015, 04:26 PM
Request the Fantasy building. It is where the lobby and shops are located. The other building with standard rooms is Frontier tower which is slightly inconvenient to the resorts amenities and a bit further of a walk. Adventure tower, I think, only has pool and downtown Disney view rooms but if you end up there it's a good one too.

BrerGnat
11-16-2015, 04:27 PM
FYI, last time we booked a Standard View room, we were upgraded to a Suite in the Fantasy Tower.

buzznwoodysmom
11-16-2015, 04:40 PM
FYI, last time we booked a Standard View room, we were upgraded to a Suite in the Fantasy Tower.

Oh wow! That's an amazing upgrade. I highly doubt we'd get an upgrade even close to that. I don't know that we have ever been upgraded at all in WDW, even after nearly 20 trips. I guess we just aren't lucky. LOL. However, I am always happy just to get what I booked!

I will definitely request Fantasy Building. I do like the idea of being in the same building as lobby and shops. Thanks for the quick reply!

BrerGnat
11-16-2015, 04:46 PM
Oh wow! That's an amazing upgrade. I highly doubt we'd get an upgrade even close to that. I don't know that we have ever been upgraded at all in WDW, even after nearly 20 trips. I guess we just aren't lucky. LOL. However, I am always happy just to get what I booked!

I will definitely request Fantasy Building. I do like the idea of being in the same building as lobby and shops. Thanks for the quick reply!
You're welcome! We were shocked about the upgrade. Middle of July, and we booked with the military discount so it was a GREAT surprise! It was my son's 11th birthday. :)

Lacy
12-15-2015, 10:21 PM
I agree that the Fantasy tower is great and it is nice to be in the same building as the restaurants. We've been in all three of the towers and I am always happy to just be there no matter where our room is at. I think the Adventure tower is very convenient for a slightly shorter walk to the parks but yes if they can get you in Fantasy take it.

Have a great time - it is my favorite place to stay!!!