PDA

View Full Version : World of Color Dining Package question

PopPhan
11-16-2015, 12:27 PM
I have booked a dining package at Carthay Circle for World of Color on Sat. Dec. 5.

My question is: Will this get me seating/standing area for the Winter Dreams showing, the Celebrate! showing, or both?

Thanks!!!!

BrerGnat
11-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Did it not specify when you booked? My guess would be whichever show plays first that day.

tinkwest
11-17-2015, 04:54 PM
I called Disney Dining today and the answer I got was pretty vague. Basically the rule of thumb is that the earlier your dining reservation, the more likely you will get a Fastpass for Winter Dreams. Every day and each restaurant is a little bit different with their cut off times when it switches to the Celebrate! version Fastpass.

Specifically,I was told that for Carthay Circle on the 5th of December if your reservation is anytime during lunch or during dinner from 4:00-7:00pm, you will receive a Fastpass for the 9:00pm showing of WOC-Winter Dreams. If your reservation is from 7:10pm and beyond on that date, WOC-Celebrate! will be your show at 10:15pm.

It seems that they could have made it easier to determine or choose. And I'm surprised that it isn't part of the information given during the reservation process online.

PopPhan
11-18-2015, 07:41 AM
This is what I got on my reservation notice email:

Carthay Circle Lunch with World of Color Viewing
Saturday Dec 5, 2015 (3:00 PM, Special)
Reservation
Date: Saturday Dec 5, 2015
Time: 3:00 PM, Special
Dining Party: 1 Adults

Unless the "Special" means WOC-Winter Dreams???? But my Fantasmic! dining reservation has the same "Special" flag on it....

BrerGnat
11-18-2015, 10:15 AM
This is what I got on my reservation notice email:

Unless the "Special" means WOC-Winter Dreams???? But my Fantasmic! dining reservation has the same "Special" flag on it....

The "special" refers to the special menu. When you do these dining packages, you have a different menu to choose from.

tinkwest
11-18-2015, 11:30 AM
Going by what the cast member told me, you have a lunch reservation and therefore will receive a Fastpass for Winter Dreams.

If you would like a World of Color sample menu let me know. I had lunch there a month ago.

PopPhan
11-18-2015, 12:31 PM
Going by what the cast member told me, you have a lunch reservation and therefore will receive a Fastpass for Winter Dreams.

If you would like a World of Color sample menu let me know. I had lunch there a month ago.

I would love that! I am not one afraid of "spoilers"!! :D

tinkwest
11-18-2015, 01:39 PM
This is an example, from October 2015, of some of the choices you might receive when enjoying the World of Color lunch at Carthay Circle Restaurant. Their menu is very seasonal and changes often.

World of Color
Autumn Lunch Menu

Please enjoy our Seasonal Menu and select one item from each of the Starters, Entrees and Desserts.

Starters – Choice of:

Red Pumpkin & Thai Chili Broth accented with Lemongrass
Roasted Chicken, Tuscan Kale and Haricot Verts

Carthay Circle Autumn Salad
Heirloom Apples, Roasted Walnuts, Winter Greens, Dates, Bacon, Creamy Citrus Vinaigrette

Entrées – Choice of:

Grilled Angus Flank Steak Salad
Roasted Beets, crispy Onions, and Gorgonzola Dolce with Sherry Vinaigrette

Crispy Maple Leaf Duck Confit Salad
Roasted Pears, Haricot Verts, Frisée and Nueskes Applewood Smoked Bacon

Sustainable Fish of the Season
Baby Heirloom Tomatoes, Fava Beans, and Green Tai Chili-Mango Vinaigrette

Tempura Fried Shrimp
Forbidden Black Rice Stir-fry and Red Thai Curry

Trofie Pasta with Smoked Chicken
Roasted Roots, Portobello Mushrooms, Idiazabal Cheese, Truffle Butter and Light Chicken Jus

Carthay 8oz Angus Burger
Cheddar Cheese, Pepper Bacon and Grilled Onions with French Fries

The Ultimate Braised Short Rib Beef Sandwich
Slowly Braised Beef Short Rib served Open-faced with Sauteed Portobello Mushrooms, Parmesan Cheese and Arugula

Desserts – Choice of:

Tahitian Vanilla Bean Crème Brulée Tart
Served with Fresh California Blueberries and Blueberry Sauce

Dark Chocolate Mousse Bar
Local Strawberries, Sponge Cake Croutons, and Strawberry Crème

Choice of Soft Drink, Coffee or Iced Tea included

Lacy
11-19-2015, 10:56 PM
I believe that I have been asked which show I wanted. I don't get asked every time but I know at least once I have been asked by the server and told them we wanted the early show. Since your reservation is early in the day my guess is you can specify which show you want. However, my general impression is that most that do the dining want the earlier show because it is usually harder to get a good spot for but depending on time of year and crowds that is not always the case.

I'll be curious to hear if you are offered a choice or if it is really as the cast member told you that you will get the early show.