PDA

View Full Version : Hyperspace Mountain Soft Opening

kdilkington
11-14-2015, 10:01 PM
I was lucky enough to ride the Star Wars-ified version of Space Mountain twice today. It was awesome! The Imagineers really outdid themselves with this. A ton of people were cheering at the end of their 'flights'. The wait time was about 30-40 min.

They also opened the Path of the Jedi film which was an nicely edited summary of the Star Wars films capped off with the most recent trailer for the force awakens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

BrerGnat
11-14-2015, 10:20 PM
Very cool. I am really excited about this!

Dream'nDisney
11-15-2015, 10:51 AM
I was lucky enough to ride the Star Wars-ified version of Space Mountain twice today. It was awesome! The Imagineers really outdid themselves with this. A ton of people were cheering at the end of their 'flights'. The wait time was about 30-40 min.

Did they permanently modify Space Mountain? I haven't read anything about this but it sounds great!

BrerGnat
11-15-2015, 10:59 AM
Did they permanently modify Space Mountain? I haven't read anything about this but it sounds great!

No, it's for a limited time TBD. It's just an overlay...projections, new soundtrack, lighting effects.

buzznwoodysmom
11-15-2015, 11:23 AM
Is there an end date set for this? My hubby will be thrilled if he gets to ride this version of SM!

BrerGnat
11-15-2015, 11:46 AM
Is there an end date set for this? My hubby will be thrilled if he gets to ride this version of SM!

I'm gonna say it will be like this for a couple months, at least. Should definitely still be in place in early January, considering the movie comes out mid December.