PDA

View Full Version : Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-13-2015, 10:25 PM

The Disney Parks Blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/11/disney-pixar-short-film-festival-to-debut-at-epcots-magic-eye-theater/) shared that Captain EO will be closing December 6th, to be replaced by the Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival.

There will be three short films, in 3D, with "magical" effects.

I was never an EO fan, so I'm glad to see something else in its place.

BrerGnat
11-13-2015, 11:01 PM
This sounds great to me. Captain EO is just so terrible. Not even funny bad, just weird bad. This will have a much wider appeal.

John
11-13-2015, 11:15 PM
I'm good with Captain EO going - but can we PLEASE start thinking a little more long term and stop with all these band aid fixes...

Dulcee
11-14-2015, 08:30 AM
Well that answers why ALL the Captain EO fast passes were gone for the trip dates I looked at. Couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Do we know when the new one will open?

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-14-2015, 05:45 PM
I don't know if a firm date has been announced. I think they are just saying "December".

Goofy4TheWorld
11-14-2015, 09:24 PM
I am not sure if it's a typo or if Disney really means it, but everything they say seems to indicate that Captain EO will end in December and that Pixar Shorts will begin in December as well.

I am not sure how they could create a worthy 3D experience with what seems like a limited (or NO) downtime, but it seems to be their intention.

BrerGnat
11-14-2015, 09:45 PM
I am not sure if it's a typo or if Disney really means it, but everything they say seems to indicate that Captain EO will end in December and that Pixar Shorts will begin in December as well.

I am not sure how they could create a worthy 3D experience with what seems like a limited (or NO) downtime, but it seems to be their intention.

They can create the film outside of the theater. They don't really need it ahead of time. I assume special effects in the theater are just a matter of a simple recalibration.

laprana
11-17-2015, 11:36 AM
I'm good with Captain EO going - but can we PLEASE start thinking a little more long term and stop with all these band aid fixes...

My thoughts exactly! There's not much imagination going on in the Imagination Pavilion these days.

Crow
11-21-2015, 01:51 AM
My thoughts exactly! There's not much imagination going on in the Imagination Pavilion these days.

yes. lets get something good going in Epcot.

CaptSmee
12-02-2015, 11:16 AM
Agree 110%!!! Although it was a much different experience seeing EO in Cali vs. WDW. The theater was packed, the effects seemed better & the audience went nuts. It was actually fun