PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Day was packed!

BrerGnat
11-12-2015, 06:50 PM
So, like fools (perhaps) we went to Disneyland for a few hours yesterday. It was beyond crowded. We only lasted about 3 hours before calling it quits. Rode Autopia, Teacups, and Small World Holiday. I thought the holiday being midweek would make it not so bad, but I was wrong. Even the parking lots were all maxed out. I wonder if part of this was due to the Avengers races this weekend...folks arriving early for that. Regardless, it made me declare "no more visits to Disneyland on holidays!" We experienced a similar situation on Labor Day. NO AP blackouts yesterday either, which didn't help matters.

buzznwoodysmom
11-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Sorry to hear it wasn't an ideal visit, Natalie.

You mentioning the holidays has me thinking.... We plan to visit the parks the week following New Year's. Monday, Jan. 4- Thursday, Jan. 7. Do you think the crowds will have slowed by those dates? Or should we expect holiday crowds to still linger at that time?

BrerGnat
11-12-2015, 09:04 PM
I would hope crowds would be low during that time. Schools here start back up on the 4th.

VWL Mom
11-13-2015, 05:36 AM
Sorry about the crowds Natalie but the good news is you're close enough to go back whenever the mood hits you. :blush:

magicofdisney
11-13-2015, 08:05 AM
I made this mistake once at WDW on Presidents Day. I didn't know better at the time. I too made the same declaration as you.