PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate Typos

SBETigg
11-12-2015, 11:48 AM
I signed my husband up for a Richard Petty Driving Experience, which he never ended up taking, but it got him on their mailing list. As we all may know, Richard Petty Driving Experience is not staying in Orlando, and they have had some terrible accidents to put them in the news now and then. But...

He got an email from Richard Petty Driving Experience this morning with a subject header:
Give the Gift of Speed this Holiday Season with Unbeatable Deaths

I believe they meant Unbeatable Deals, and it's possible that some poor soul will be fired over this, but we had a good laugh. Why proofreading is so important! Anyone else get this email, or have some good typos/autocorrects to discuss?

disneymom15
11-12-2015, 12:13 PM
That's funny

BrerGnat
11-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Oh my gosh, that's great. Who knows, maybe that person wanted to be fired?

John
11-12-2015, 02:01 PM
Holy moly!

Ed
11-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Autocorrect on my iPhone is my nemesis. I always close messages to my wife and kids with "Love ya", which the system corrects to the awfully demanding and narcissistic "Love US". :blush:

faline
11-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Autocorrect on my iPhone is my nemesis. I always close messages to my wife and kids with "Love ya", which the system corrects to the awfully demanding and narcissistic "Love US". :blush:

That auto correct feature has led to some really funny text messages - I have to be really careful to not hit send too quickly!!

goofygirl64
11-12-2015, 03:18 PM
I'm a travel agent & I once sent an email confirming my clients reservation at "Poop Century". I really could have just died of embarrassment. Luckily, they had a good sense of humor!

BrerGnat
11-12-2015, 05:32 PM
I'm a travel agent & I once sent an email confirming my clients reservation at "Poop Century". I really could have just died of embarrassment. Luckily, they had a good sense of humor!

Winner!

Fangorn
11-12-2015, 07:24 PM
Several years ago, DW was the administrator at an assisted living facility. Every month, they put out a newsletter to the residents and their families. In late January they had a half page announcement about their plans for celebrating that most American of all holidays - the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, it was only after all the newsletters had gone out that someone (despite it having been "proofread" by 5-6 people) pointed out that the banner headline said "Come to our Super Bowel Party!"

Epic spell checker failure.

But really, really funny.

Now.

Steve

magicofdisney
11-13-2015, 08:18 AM
With iOS app updates you can sometimes get a summary for the reasoning of the update. With the American Airlines update on September 21, 2015, it reads...

Introducing complications for the Apple Watch. Now you can personalize your watch to show your American app updates on the watch face.

I'm not sure what they originally meant. Or perhaps someone was being prophetic. Either way, I took a screen shot. :)

joonyer
11-13-2015, 11:18 AM
The classic church bulletin typo.
"The Choir Director invites every church member who enjoys sinning to please join us at choir practice."