PDA

View Full Version : Crowds this week - 11/9/15?

Mary Chase
11-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Getting close to my trip - I always like to look at what the wait times look like to get an idea of how crowded it is. I was surprised to see higher wait times than I expected today - is there some event going on this week that is causing higher crowds? I can't remember if this is "Jersey week" or not. Wondering if Veteran's Day is also a reason - as some schools around here have a couple days off this week due to that. I know there's not a "slow" time anymore, but feel like when I checked wait times in October, it was much slower. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated! Just want to get an idea of what to expect - if there are any big crowds there for any reason in the next week. Thanks!

Strmchsr
11-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Half-marathon and Food & Wine Festival brought big crowds this past weekend (Epcot's parking lot was closed part of the day due to capacity!). Hopefully they'll be a little lower next weekend but all indications are that the last year of the Osborne Lights is bringing in huge crowds for this month and December.

VWL Mom
11-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Jersey Week was last week so that shouldn't have an affect.

Mary Chase
11-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Thank you for the responses! I also just remembered that the Christmas taping is going on this week at MK, so that is probably drawing a crowd as well. I've been there during tapings in the past and felt the crowds were higher then. The Osborne lights is a good point. I have seen that Hollywood Studios has extended their hours (since the last time I looked) and added an additional Fantasmic show to several nights. So I will know to expect larger crowds in that park as well.

baldburke
11-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Jersey Week was last week so that shouldn't have an affect.

Never knew that was a thing but we experienced it last week. It was amazing how many Jersey people were there!

Lakin
11-11-2015, 11:14 PM
I was at MK today and it was pretty darn crowded, especially for it being November. Be prepared.