PDA

View Full Version : Package reservations with APs for tickets

Goofy4TheWorld
11-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Is it possible to make a package reservation, and for your tickets choose to buy an Annual Pass instead of a Magic Your Way pass? Or do AP purchases always have to be done separately?

The questions comes from trying to take advantage of a Stay, Play, and Dine discount, but also purchase an AP at the same time.

Pirate Granny
11-09-2015, 11:05 PM
I would buy the package and upgrade the tickets to AP....you can't buy AP w/ Package

Fangorn
11-10-2015, 01:17 AM
Is it possible to make a package reservation, and for your tickets choose to buy an Annual Pass instead of a Magic Your Way pass? Or do AP purchases always have to be done separately?

The questions comes from trying to take advantage of a Stay, Play, and Dine discount, but also purchase an AP at the same time.

You'll have to purchase the package, and then, once you get there, upgrade the tickets to annual passes. As Pirate Granny says, you can't get APs with packages directly. The upgrade process is pretty painless. You just have to go to Guest Relations at a park or Disney Springs, pay the difference in price between your ticket and the AP, and you're all set.

Steve

Imalismom
11-10-2015, 06:13 AM
The above replies are indeed correct - and it is really really quick :)

Goofy4TheWorld
11-14-2015, 09:54 PM
The problem with doing it once I am at WDW is that it is possible that I may be back for a second trip in about 50 days after trip #1, so without the AP at least being purchased I couldn't book FP+ for trip #2 until I am 50 days out instead of 60 says out.

It may not even happen that we return so quick, but either way it looks like we have no choice but to wait to get the AP.

But thinking about it some more, would the "Memory Maker" benefit of an AP take effect without the typical 72 hour waiting period?