PDA

View Full Version : Park Crowds and Hours Changes

WDWdriver
11-08-2015, 09:11 AM
The parks are unusually crowded for November. The Food & Wine Festival is packed, and the half marathon is in progress this weekend. Yesterday, the parking lots at Epcot were completely full, and arriving guests were directed to the MK parking lots. Guests then had to take the monorail or bus to Epcot.

To help ease the crowds, some park hours have been extended.

MK - Opened early at 8:00 today

DHS - Hours extended to 8:30 on Wed, Nov 11
DHS - A second Fantasmic added on Fri, Nov 13 at 8:30
DHS - Hours extended to 9:00 on Sun, Nov 15. Extra Magic Hours 'til 11:00

AK - Hours extended to 6:30 on Fri, Nov 13

baldburke
11-08-2015, 07:42 PM
We were there for Veterans Day Weekend in 2013 with the Wine & Dine Half and the end of F&W. Wow...what a hot mess! All parks were packed but Epcot was especially crowded. We were there for a wedding but it's one weekend I would never choose again.

Susan A
11-10-2015, 09:14 AM
In October 2013, we saw a HUGE increase in crowds from previous trips, especially in October. However, park hours weren't increased.
The size and scope of the F&W festival has increased, and so have the crowds.

Lakin
11-11-2015, 07:13 PM
The parks ARE unusually crowded for being as late in the year as it is! I have been to the parks about once a week or so since I got my annual pass in September and all but one of those trips have been to an extremely packed park. (The one slow time was a trip to EPCOT in late September/early October). I went to Magic Kingdom today and the park was as packed as ever.

Maddie
11-12-2015, 10:02 AM
Monday was ridiculous in MK! We were down for race weekend. We walked on everything Sunday night at Hollywood studios but MK on Monday was so crowded even the less popular rides had 40 minute waits! We didn't last long before heading out, I think this is just the new normal for MK, busy all year round, anyone else notice this?

CarrieAllie
11-17-2015, 07:14 PM
I don't think the Osbourne farewell is helping...